• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

helo helmet upgrade from oregon areo- hush kit or soft seal cups?

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
I dunno man, ask me at the squadron tomorrow after I go flying......hint: you used to be in my class :)

Seriously though, I put them under my chin, put in the ears, put on skullcap (or not), helmet, and then connect them. Normally I have to sit there in marshall screwing with the helmet side connector for a while until I get a good connection (left ear is always cutting out).

Yeah, I know who you are giggles. I guess I will just keep tinkering with them in ACM. They work fine until you put on the Gs and start craning your neck around, then they fall out 25% of the time in the right ear.

Col Angus

pilot
I dunno man, ask me at the squadron tomorrow after I go flying......hint: you used to be in my class :)

Seriously though, I put them under my chin, put in the ears, put on skullcap (or not), helmet, and then connect them. Normally I have to sit there in marshall screwing with the helmet side connector for a while until I get a good connection (left ear is always cutting out).

Yeah, I know who you are giggles. I guess I will just keep tinkering with them in ACM. They work fine until you put on the Gs and start craning your neck around, then they fall out 25% of the time in the right ear.

Holy shit ladies. I don't know how you manage to get off the ground without your special earplugs. Have you tried telling your CEPs that you fly JETS!? That should get their attention.

On a somewhat related note, my squadron can't afford toilet paper. I bet our TP money is in your prima donna earplugs. (I know, different pots of money)

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
Holy shit ladies. I don't know how you manage to get off the ground without your special earplugs. Have you tried telling your CEPs that you fly JETS!? That should get their attention.

On a somewhat related note, my squadron can't afford toilet paper. I bet our TP money is in your prima donna earplugs. (I know, different pots of money)

Radios in our jet suck, and all students were directed by the XO to get CEPs.

That TP situation sounds bad-- hopefully you have enough copies of Approach magazine in the head to use as a substitute.