• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hello world

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
itsallbs,

I never took offense at anything you wrote. What I don't think you realize is that SERE school is kind of a "right of passage" and putting the SERE patch as your avatar came across wrong to some. Plus the UN is not highly thought of by a lot of U.S. military. So some thought you were coming here and playing games or trolling. I probably didn't help your cause by ranting against your employer.

Stick around, ask questions and have fun.

itsallbs

HAL Pilot perfectly understood. I can definitely respect that the avatar entailed a certain rite of passage. I'll definitely stick around under my new user name.

phrogpilot73

I'll definitely stick around under my new user name.
If that's the case, contact webmaster or gatordev to lock/disable your original username. Or lock/disable your new username. Only one username per person on this board. What you did/said with your current one is not horrible enough to require a new username. Trust me. We've seen much worse.

brian_82

If that's the case, contact webmaster or gatordev to lock/disable your original username. Or lock/disable your new username. Only one username per person on this board. What you did/said with your current one is not horrible enough to require a new username. Trust me. We've seen much worse.
No worries a fresh start is also good.

alaurin

All day, every day!
I'll give everyone an example of the fraud at the UN. I was on a mission where we received $95/day mission subsistence allowance from the UN for our food and shelter, yet the UN provided us all our food and shelter for free.

The UN permanent employees received the same mission subsistence allowance. But according to the UN rules, they received mission subsistence allowance for every mission they were assigned too. Every single employee belonged to at least three mission simultaneously. Assigned to mission A with $95/day, seconded to mission B at $105/day, thirded (if that is a word) to mission C at $90/day, etc. So this guy would get $290/day for food and shelter in three different locations that was provided for free in the single location he was actually in (and was provided free in all locations). We had one that was actually assigned to 5 missions - he was a 20 year UN employee and the longer the longevity, the more missions. On top of this, even the lowest skilled employee made big bucks in salary. We had a janitor at our mission HQ that was a UN employee with a salary of $75k plus his three mission subsistence allowances. And this was in 1995 dollars.

I just realized after reading this post that I picked the wrong career path.