• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hello world

itsallbs

Ok I did a quick search and didn't notice any "introduce yourself threads"
(Mods please relocate if this is the wrong thread to post)

So here I am
A little background about myself
Currently employed at the UN
GPA 2.8
ASTB "cold" score 44 Don't ask for more details because I don't remember which form I took and don't recall the individual rankings.

I was originally looking to go for Supply as I have a Bachelor's in Business Management & Finance but age is also a factor. I'm now looking to go Intel as I have an interest in technology, but as I've been reading they are closed for the foreseeable future. I am willing to submit my package and apply as many times as possible until they tell me to bugger off or select me. This will give me time to retake the ASTB, get fit (currently via "insanity"), and clean up any other issues.

Renegade One

None
(Mods please relocate if this is the wrong thread to post)

So here I am
A little background about myself
Currently employed at the UN
GPA 2.8
ASTB "cold" score 44 Don't ask for more details because I don't remember which form I took and don't recall the individual rankings.

I was originally looking to go for Supply as I have a Bachelor's in Business Management & Finance but age is also a factor. I'm now looking to go Intel as I have an interest in technology, but as I've been reading they are closed for the foreseeable future. I am willing to submit my package and apply as many times as possible until they tell me to bugger off or select me. This will give me time to retake the ASTB, get fit (currently via "insanity"), and clean up any other issues.
Okay...welcome...talk to your local Officer Recruiter, if you aren't already engaged.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
(Mods please relocate if this is the wrong thread to post
Don't wanna be a "wet binkie"... but your GPA isn't going to be too competitive in this highly competitive applicant pool. Talk to the "O" recruiter as Renegade One suggested, he may recommend that you try anyway.;)

Also, one great way to help introduce yourself, is by putting a bit more effort into filling in your profile.:confused:

OBTW, is your AW 'handle' an acronym for "It's all *BS*"? If so, what does that mean/describe, the UN? Just curious. Good luck!:)
BzB

itsallbs

1. I will get back into contact with the current recruiter. I had some good dialogue with the prior OR but then he rotated out. I was essentially told that I'd need a 60+ OAR.

2. I'll work on the profile and i noticed after a more thorough search that you recommended the same to another poster.

3. I would never knock my employer like that! it has to do with my actual initials which happen to be "BS"

Thanks for rolling out the welcome wagon!

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I'll knock your employer....I did a mission as a UN Military Observer and learned first hand about the massive fraud and waste that is the UN. Nothing but pure 3rd world graft sucking on the U.S. taxpayer's tit. It's time for the U.S. to either tell the UN to get it's fiscal house in order or to find some other sugar daddy.

Other than that, welcome to the site and good luck in your quest for a commission.

itsallbs

To Renegade One thanks for your initial reply didn't mean to not acknowledge it.

Thanks for your input and feedback HAL Pilot, glad that I could let you put your views out there and I see there are some that have similar sentiments.

As for the avatar yours isn't too shabby either. I just grabbed it off the interwebs so at least I had something aside from the "male" symbol.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I'll give everyone an example of the fraud at the UN. I was on a mission where we received $95/day mission subsistence allowance from the UN for our food and shelter, yet the UN provided us all our food and shelter for free.

The UN permanent employees received the same mission subsistence allowance. But according to the UN rules, they received mission subsistence allowance for every mission they were assigned too. Every single employee belonged to at least three mission simultaneously. Assigned to mission A with $95/day, seconded to mission B at $105/day, thirded (if that is a word) to mission C at $90/day, etc. So this guy would get $290/day for food and shelter in three different locations that was provided for free in the single location he was actually in (and was provided free in all locations). We had one that was actually assigned to 5 missions - he was a 20 year UN employee and the longer the longevity, the more missions. On top of this, even the lowest skilled employee made big bucks in salary. We had a janitor at our mission HQ that was a UN employee with a salary of $75k plus his three mission subsistence allowances. And this was in 1995 dollars.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I figured I would open this thread and see something like "hey I'm an HM2 stationed at SERE west, and looking into xxxx program"

Whatever though, I'm gonna go take off my bootlings now

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
This thread is heading for the rocks. You might consider a fresh start like with a new avatar, nickname and attitude..

Thanks for the benefit of the doubt.

Thanks for rolling out the welcome wagon!

I'm glad I could let you put your views out there...
Sarcasm by wannabees directed at veteran AW (especially winged) members, does not go down well here, just sayin'?:rolleyes:

New beginning anyone?;)
BzB