• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Having Problems in Primary. Need a little help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

flpanthers1

No, I never told my On-Wing. He knows I get flusterd. I know that stress is part of the game here and I thought this was normal. My On-Wing has been awesome to me. I have no real outside factors that would hinder training. Just Stress. I am trying to relax, but nothing doing.

Goliath112

stress is enough man. get help with it. I don't know how its like there but, shit man. If you need help, ask for it. The Navy would much rather people seek help before they zoned out or quit. Frumby is right, go to your chain of command and let them know you are stressing out. I'm just a wannabe right now but I was in the Navy, and as a Div Officer you'll get all kinds of sailors/marines asking for help with thier personal problems. It what the chain of command is for.

have I got a long way to run...

ProwlerPilot

pilot
Hang in there man, you will get it I promise. You might also ask someone if you might be able to get an ET hop. In Meridian they had implemented Extra Training hops instead of a down to help get people through. It was a nice way to get a flight to be a little less stressful. They might be able to get you an ET, which is not graded, and let you go up and fly a flight that has no ramifications on your grades or progress. Essentially a freebie. If you do end up getting an ET, ENJOY it! Still concentrate on your flight, but find a few seconds when you are not doing anything and look out the window. Check out the cars below. Watch the clouds go by. It may sound a bit cheesy, but you have to enjoy the event a little too. There is a ton to take care of in the plane, but there is a ton to see and enjoy too. If you can get 30 seconds of time in the plane where you weren't worried about the comms, course rules, etc, and were just flying, I think that a little of the stress may go away. Hang in there, it only gets better, I promise!!!

FlyGirl

Hey Flpanthers1..I have not even been through OCS yet..but I do think you need to do something for your stress management. (I would check into all the above replies.) First of all, take one day at a time (or each flight at a time). Concentrating on the here and now. Secondly, quit telling yourself your stressed and start telling yourself you can get through it. If you start worrying to much you are going to get sick in that airplane or do something really crazy! I would also definately eat something and talk to some people. Or do what it takes to get that stress behind you and get on with the studying. Stress does affect performance...so try to drop the studying for now, then come back to it and you will see how much easier it is to concentrate. Hope that helps...let us know if there is anything we can do..

Coastie

I know this is an old post but for the sakes of the future SNAs please listen to the Major’s advice. I went to flight school last winter. There I had the worst time of my life. I couldn’t swim (interesting being in the Coast Guard) that caused me to be detained in the pool every morning and afternoon, also I was living in Withing during API that was an hour drive. To make a long story short I did poorly in API. When I reported to primary I started doing aright BUT I faced a problem that I wasn’t expecting; I got airsick. My IP was a fairly new guy (I was his 3d on wing) and he kept advancing me eventhou I was airsick for the last half of the flights... I stressed so much that once I spent 3 days studying without sleep, food or shower. I lost 20 pounds and got very depressed. Due to this fact my learning curve was very bad. By my fam 12 I manage to keep my head out of the bag and I did overcame the airsickness but it was too late for me. I attired in May.
Lesson learned: Your squadron has a senior instructor or some sort of Chain Of Command. Make sure they are aware of what is going on with you. I did fail in having interviews with my advisor (he was about to get out so he didn’t give a ****) and I fail to tell my on wing that I didn’t think he should be advancing me or any other thing I could have done…

So if you are in flight training please keep your COC informed they WILL help you, and remember there is a JG here in TX that would give anything he has to go back to do some PELs…

Fly Safe!

Nelson

N.Y. Rivera
USCG

Status
Not open for further replies.