• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Has anyone heard, been denied, or accepted lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHrisASU

Hey everyone, i have just started looking at this board. I am just waiting for the next pilot selection board for the Navy. I have a complete package together already. My recruiter told me it should be towards the end of this month. I have a OAR of 57, with 7's across the board on the composites-PFAR, PAR, etc. I just got denied for the Marines OCS for only God knows why. I had a 286 on my PFT, a 3.26 GPA, and good letters of rec. Im now going with my first choice-The Navy. I originally wanted to apply to the Navy, but then i was told that pilots billets were closed until fiscal 2005. Now their back open so here i am. I also have already passed my flight physical. What do you think my chances are. My major was in Business Management. By the way-Congrats Steel185 on your acceptence. I just want to find out some of the scores of people who had been pro rec'd. Thanks everyone.

Steifel

Well all looks good...He says I'm basically in provided all my paperwork checks out and I don't turn into a retard when it comes to taking the tests. I've done em before and perfomed excellently...To throw this out there...my OSO in Irvine, CA had 5 flight slots open for July 7, 2004 OCS...now it looks like he's got four because of me...so they definately are out there...

Steifel

For future reference I wouldnt take the risk of doing LASEK though unless your guaranteed it's ok...I found it in the Navy Flight Surgeons manual on some website thats it's ok...and it seems to have gone through...maybe MEPS will have something diff. to say...but most of what I've heard is that LASEK is good to go...LASIK is the big no no...check out http://www.nomi.med.navy.mil/Text/NAMI/WaiverGuideTopics/ophthalmology.htm
section 12.13 under waiver info..hope that helps some people...

Steifel

So where did everyone go? Anyhow I've got MEPS done, got a 93 on the ASVAB, and 5/7/5 on the flight test...just gotta get the PFT done...having a hard time with pullups...but hitting the gym everyday is making a major improvement...well catcha lates...

AZSkegee

Quick Question for Steifel, If you have taken the Aviation Selection Test Battery, Why are you going to enlisted boot camp?

Steifel

AZSkegee...not doing enlisted boot...if I said that somewhere way back then I pry had a few to many beers...if all goes well with the review board I'll be doing ten weeks in Quantico starting July 7....

chazmurr

I heard from my recruiter yesterday that I was Prof. Rec. for SNA for Navy OCS. Now I have approx. 30 days to get the FINDOCS in. I never thought it would really happen with all of the talk on this site saying spots were tight. Keep your head up for those still trying.

JKD

Just heard I was NOT recommended for NFO due to age (turn 32 in December, with 2 year active duty waver). Application faxed to Millington 23JAN04.

Recruiting listed me as 4 months too old by the time I could be put into a class and be commissioned before 32. (I complete my degree 31MAR04)

The application has been sent to Intel.

puck_11

Growler LSO
pilot
I got a pilot slot today!

Got a call from the recruiter this morning and I got my pilot slot. I guess the board met a little bit earlier this month. FYI I got a 58 OAR and 7's across the board. Damn it feels good. Anyone else heard back?

Kycntryboy

pilot
Got a call 2 days ago from my recruiter, that I got accepted for an SNA slot for 2006, (which I heard were also filling up pretty fast) jk I would have no clue.

NotABusDriver

Yep. I got final selected for SNA a couple days ago too. :icon_smil I got assigned a class around July 2005. Anyone else around here got a date around that time? For anyone curious, my stats were 58 OAR and 7/8/7. I still got the warm fuzzy.

Status
Not open for further replies.