• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Has anyone heard, been denied, or accepted lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanaBpilot

Pro Rec'd NFO
I'm not in the Navy program, but I did get accepted with another program!!! I applied for an aviation slot with the Marines, and got a call yesterday that I was accepted into the program. I must admit I'm pretty excited as I've always wanted to be a military pilot. I'm hoping I'll get into a jet, but being in the air is being in the air. Go to OCS this summer in Quantico, VA. Good Luck all, and God Speed!!

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Oorah Wanabpilot and congratualtions. Are you going OCC or PLC this summer? Good luck.

- Quote on being selected for an OCS spot -
"If you are chosen, you will have been chosen by Men 'who have been there and done that' and have decided that they wished to have you in Their company, there is no such medal worth as much."

wanaBpilot

Pro Rec'd NFO
Originally posted by EA-6B1
Oorah Wanabpilot and congratualtions. Are you going OCC or PLC this summer? Good luck.

- Quote on being selected for an OCS spot -
"If you are chosen, you will have been chosen by Men 'who have been there and done that' and have decided that they wished to have you in Their company, there is no such medal worth as much."

Thanks EA, I will be going PLC, starting on July 6, I have a check up PFT(already passed the first one) and then I'm good to go for this summer. I'm doing 6wks this summer, then another next summer. grad. in 2 years, then TBS and finally pensacola(I think) not positive what the order of events are. But very excited none-the-less!!

psrogers

Intel Officer
Sent in my findocs on monday. Already pro rec'ed for intel, waiting on the OCS date, in July, August or November. Feeling good, about to start on a two month European backpacking excursion.

Ghost, good luck with that AF thing- it sounds tricky. What are you getting a masters in?

JayManC

pro rec for BDCP (NFO) no OCS date as of yet, it hasnt quite struck me yet, i guess im waiting for my paperwork to come back and my driving up to NRD Richmond before I believe it.
(grad Dec '03 or May '04)

Also Ive been bugging the hiz'ell out of my OPO trying to determine how likely a designator change is pre-OCS (desperately looking to go SNA)

Congrats to all of you who've made it I look forward to seeing you in the wardroom, and to those of you haven't keep trying!!!

Remember no one ever got anything by hoping for it!!!

<insert something witty here:>

pbowen

hey i'm new to this site and appreciate all the info i recently put in for a pilot slot with nfo as my back up. i found out about mid april i didn't get in for pilot and am still waiting to hear back on nfo. does any body out there know what the acceptance rate is like for the lateral transfer from pilot to nfo i.e. how many nfo's who apply for pilot slots get them. thanks for any info y'all might have

wanaBpilot

Pro Rec'd NFO
do you know the reason you didn't pilot? Eyes or Test Scores? I've heard from my OSO that you can apply for a transfer anytime. If it was your eyes, you might ask about the PRK program. If test scores kept you out, you can obviously study hard and take them again.

-Every Challenge Could Have Paradise Behind It-

knn7

I am new to this forum. I had submitted a package for NFO, Crypto, and Intel. Just found out that I was pro rec'd for Intel. They already have my med file since I enlisted (CTI) in January. When does the interview take place? My PRT scores were sent in last week. I guess that I get to sit and wait some more now. What does the next board look at, not medical but the one afterwards?
Kristy

bamboo

knn7,

i can't answer your questions but i have questions for you. those are the same 3 designators that i applied for. what were your scores on the astb and your gpa? who were your lor's from? how long ago did your application get sent?

thanks

knn7

My OAR was 45. That went up from a 42. I had an overall 2.7 from an "Ivy League" caliber college where I also participated on the Track and Field team. I had LOR's from a professor, two people I worked for, a former governer of AZ who I am personal friends with, and letters from a State Rep. and Senator. State Rep. had spoken at my high school graduation. My PRT scores are in Good Medium-Low. My app was sent in at the beginning of March.
Kristy

chazmurr

I have just received word from my recruiter, my application was denied. I applied for pilot and was told that no one will be accepted for pilot for quite awhile. Is this what anyone else is hearing?

Recruiter said, pilot is closed for the rest of the year and they aren't even examining applications for a while. He even suggested next year would be closed for a while.

The advice given to me is to wait until September and then maybe the slots will be opened back up. Of course, I will continue to check back periodically.

I wonder if the Navy is trying to take up some of the slack in the ropes from all of the people waiting to train in primary flight training.

It makes me wish I had applied a month earlier...

ghost_ttu

month wouldn't have helped. you would have had to apply about a year and a couple months earlier. the slots have been down to a trickle since about June of last year. April of last year and prior they were hiring just about everyone.

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

Status
Not open for further replies.