• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Has anyone heard, been denied, or accepted lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trongod46

pilot
Are most of you guys who are appling going mostly for the Navy? I'm former enlisted aircrew Marines and putting my "package" right now. I have one more year for my degree from Embry-Riddle non flying program, I'll be a few months shy of 26 when I graduate. Any suggestion from anyone>>

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Originally posted by ghost_ttu
Goliath it will depend on what I see in the July timeframe from the Navy, meaning if they open the gates a little bit. At the moment I really have a lot on my plate, my AF OTS package will hit the board in May, and if declined will hit again in June. I'm headed to Waco to finish up my AFROTC scholarship application on the 12th of April, and I should hear sometime in July if that is awarded to me. If I do not get into OTS by my second board then I will start grad school and AFROTC in September. If the Navy is opening the gates before them I'll drop a package because they generally answer quickly, but a few weeks into September I will be contracted to the AF.

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

ghost - what are you doing in waco? my hometown, just curious. i need any info on local opportunities i can get. thanks, ben

ghost_ttu

ben, I'm playing all my cards. AFROTC is a craps shoot, but one I'm willing to take in hopes of getting a pilot slot. So I will have to do 2 years of grad school and AFROTC and try to get a pilot slot in the AF in that manner. I am working a couple other angles, but that is looking more and more to be the route I will be taking.

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
ghost:

baylor i guess? i didn't even know they have a ROTC program, also didn't know you could do it in grad school. good luck - i'm learning exactly how much patience it takes... ben

ghost_ttu

actually I'm working with Baylor ROTC for the scholarship purposes, I plan to attend Angelo State. And I've been in this process for over a year now, I should let you know that sitting back and realizing you have nothing but time and to be patient is the most important virtue.

jaznups

Hey, thought I'd share some positive vibes around... I just got picked up for CEC :) My mom sent me an email b/c I'm overseas... It took a helluva long time but I got it. :)

Jaz

Clarity comes when the confusion is gone.

gq

Has anyone had their package comeback to be not professionally recommended for a community (unofficially), but then get professionally recommended officially for that community?

ghost_ttu

privateer, shouldn't you be running for your cave? I know if I were wearing a bear uniform I wouldn't even bother coming out on the field for the massacres you endure. ESPECIALLY against my Red Raiders!!!!!

ghost_ttu

that kinda attitude will leave you as a disgusting fat body for not PT'ing that ass!!!!

ghost_ttu

*laughs* very good very good

aeronerd

Hummer guy
I just got the call from my recruiter!!!

I got a professional recommendation for SNA! I'm SOOOOOO excitied right now, I have to tell someone!

I still need to go to MEPS and pass a PRT before I get an OCS date. My recruiter told me that OCS is filled up until Dec. '03 right now, so that will be the earliest I could ship out.

Anyways... I hope there are others getting the same call I did very soon... Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.