• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Has anyone heard, been denied, or accepted lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaw75

Hi all,

I received my acceptance letter today for Crypto, OCS date April 19. I sent in my application October 17, so if there is anyone out there waiting, don't give up hope.

Best of luck!

doubleeagle

you people that have been recently selected for SNA; what were your test scores and PT scores? Just curious because I have now applied with the AF and Navy and thought I was fairly competitive and got nothing in the way of pilot slot offers.

doubleeagle

I was also told by my recruiter and an Admiral here in town that there were only 14 SNA slots left for the fiscal year 2004 and that 2003 was all booked up. Just trying to get a little info and see if these folks are shooting me strait.

CARJAK

Doubleeagle, I scored above average on my ASTB test and my PRT was 12:00 run with 65 push ups and 78 sit ups. I think the thing that helped me the most was my record form the USMC. Also from the time I was declined to the time I was accepted I had brought my GPA from a 2.7 to a 3.1. So what I would say is that you need to show that you have the drive and desire to be selected, through showing hard work in bettering you application for resubmittal. You also need to have a little luck on your side, hoping the board members are haveing a great day when they review your package. Good luck, and don't give up.

NuSnake

I talked to an Air Force LT who flys in the AWACS as a navigator and he said that the air force is in need of pilots. This was from someone who IS in the community and not a recruiter, but still, I think we all know how that goes. Hope that was helpful.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens."
- Jimi Hendrix

ghost_ttu

In need of experienced pilots, meanwhile the training pipeline is backed up just as the Navy training pipeline is.

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

Meridiani

Another fellow OCS applicant shared the following humorous observation about waiting to hear from the selection boards with me: "I'm just doing the same ole "waiting to hear" routine that I've been doing for the past few months. Although I have a job, my day goes like this: wake up, eat breakfast, wait to hear, wait to hear, wait to hear, lunch, wait to hear, wait to hear, wait to hear, dinner, go to bed. Then I wake up and repeat the process."

I have to say, that totally sums up my life right now.
irked_125.gif

NuSnake

true ghost....very true my friend.....

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens."
- Jimi Hendrix

bart27

I hope I don't live to regret this since I have not received my formal acceptance, but two weeks ago my recruiter informed me that I was professionally recommended for SNA. I have no prior military experience and I did not apply to the BDCP program. I did my PRT today and I was told that I have nothing to worry about, but I don't like to count my chickens before they hatch. I am merely writing this b/c this forum played a big roll in what I hope to be an exciting journey. I also wanted to provide some motivation to those waiting or thinking about applying for SNA, NFO or anything else. I will post my stats for those interested.

jrklr

i agree with webb, a few months ago when it seemed (from this board at least) that pilot slots had come to a hult, I asked my recruiter how it was looking for her other applicants and she said that she sent in two peoples apps for pilot and bdcp in the last few months and both of them got it.

slabman

SNA Primary (Whiting)
Hey everyone,
I was told about 3 weeks ago that I was board approved for SNA. Today I finally got the call from my recruiter to say it's official. I will sware in this friday. He told me that my OCS date is not until OCT, which sucks because I graduate in MAY. I am not complaining though, I am so excited I can barely type. I hope to meet up with any people going to OCS in OCT. One question for anyone, is it hard to get an OCS date moved up?

bouncy_125.gif
bouncy_125.gif

Ironnads

You can pretty much forget about getting it moved up. If you don't mind me asking, what was your Major, GPA, OAR, etc. I just want to see what is competitive.

Travis Alexander

dhafeman

slabman, what is your class date? Mine is 18 October 2003. I graduate in June as well and am happy I have the whole summer to do whatever I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.