• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Has anyone heard, been denied, or accepted lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooke

Hey everyone!

This is my first post on Air Warriors, but I've been visiting the sight frequently. I just finished my application and am waiting on the verdict. It's the second application I've put in, and I'm very nervous about the outcome. I have since retaken my ASTB (and scored much higher) and scored outstanding highs for my SU's and PU's and outstanding medium for the run. I am dealing with a completely different recruiter this time...which should also help b/c some of those guys are really incompetent.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and wish everyone good luck. The waiting sucks, but it's nice knowing we're not going through this alone :) By the way, my choices are Intel, Supply, and Diving...is there anyone else applying for the same things????

Brooke

nic22

Mimisoko,
PAO stands for Public Affairs Officer

I know a board meets today for SNA slots but does anyone know if they are FY04 or FY05 slots and has anyone been given a time frame of when we will hear back on their decisions?

Borncreole

yes, the SNA board is supposed to done and published by next friday and at the latest the following monday (3 Nov). the board is for the Mar 04 OCS class.

sms0613

1st time package, submitted for NFO denied and still waitng to hear from AMDO, SUPPO

Aero Sci degree Embbry-Riddle
Commecial pilot, Flight instructor
prior Navy 3.5 years and current drilling reserve. Good recs, 2 from O-5 and above.

Possibly denied because NFO is closed?

arkansastrumpet

NFO is closed. Period. They pro-rec'd 50 people right before giving the word to decom the F-14s, so there are no slots as of right now. They pro-rec'd folks back in the first week of Oct., and I was one of them. I just found out yesterday Oct. 30 that I got a class slot. Apparently, they gave class slots to the 50 folks they pro-rec'd, but that was it.

So, that's the word from HQ I was told.

Steifel

At 6'2" I'm told by friends that I'll never see the seat of a fighter airplane. Wondering what your experienced views are on that. Thanx.

sms0613

ArkansasTrumpet, when did they have the board and when did you find out you were pro-rec for NFO? I'm told I barely missed the cutoff. I have to submit again after the other communities look at my package.

arkansastrumpet

From my understanding, the board met in early October, because that's when the new fiscal year began.

Like I said, I waited a month after being told I was pro-rec'd to see what was going to happen. They picked up the 50 they had already said 'yes' to.

But on the good side, normally when they close something done, it's in an effort to be able to eventually free things up again.

So I'd just keep submitting my package.

AZSkegee

Rumor control, Decom F-14's ? My ship is in the yards in newport news right now and the airwings we are going to have will include an F-14 squadron. It is true the navy is going to f-18's vs f14's but the tomcat will be around for some years, I see them flying at oceana also

arkansastrumpet

All I know is that my warrant officer said HQ told him they signed the orders to decom the a6e and another plane, which I recall being the f-14. I will be speaking with him later this week and will double check that. Maybe he said f-15, but I'm pretty sure it was the f-14.

Don't want to start or contribute to any nasty rumors :)

spsiratt

24 April OCS
F-14s will be phased out over time, but they have a little bit of time to go. It will still be several years I'm sure. I think the fluctuations in selections are more linked to manning that anything else. The economy isn't the greatest right now and there aren't a lot of jobs with the airlines, so retention in the military is high right now. Since so many more are staying in, there's no need to get as many new folks in. That's probably why many years ago, if you had a college degree and weren't a convicted felon, you could pretty much be an officer in the military. Obviously, it's considerably harder now. The services are fat. Applictions are way up in the past few years and they can pick and choose now.

All of this is just my guess from my limited knowledge and my experience in the military. If somebody thinks I'm wrong or has more to add, please say so.

Status
Not open for further replies.