• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

haha I love this video, it made my day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super18Ordie

F/A-18 Ordnanceman
rare21 said:
Respect goes both ways. If you have it for me i'll give it back in kind and vice versa. It seems in this video both the officer and the lady had attitude problems.

I disagree. She started arguing with him the moment he walked up to her vehicle. He at least maintained some sort of bearing.

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
I'm just thinking that giving anyone carrying a gun (or a tazer) any reason to feel nervous is a really bad idea...

rare21

pilot
Contributor
Super18Ordie said:
I disagree. She started arguing with him the moment he walked up to her vehicle. He at least maintained some sort of bearing.

i've seen a lot more belligerent people get talked down by a calm, courteous cop (way more than this guy playing holier than thou). i believe this could have been talked to a successful resolution.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
rare21 said:
i've seen a lot more belligerent people get talked down by a calm, courteous cop (way more than this guy playing holier than thou). i believe this could have been talked to a successful resolution.

you really have it out for cops, eh? the man must be keeping you down a lot.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
sure do since my best friends are cops, my family is full of federal agents..etc...oh yeah... :sleep_125
rolleyes.gif

Lawman

None
rare21 said:

Yes and on the other Hand Ive been calm, courteous and understanding with people that were alot calmer then this lady and then through no fault of my own the scenario has gone to ground with me forcing them into handcuffs. Theres a great rule to policing, be calm, be courteous, and be ready to kill every person you meet.

Her attitude started the scenario, the second she starts dictating law to the officer you just know its going to go down hill fast. He called for backup for exactly the right reasons because he had a good feeling that this woman was not going to cooperate.

A Tazer is a tool to be used because Strong Hand or batton looks very bad both at the scene and afterward. If I have to physically force you to comply with a lawful order there is a very good chance your going to require some form of medical treatment. Mostly dislocated joints have been the problem I run into, because when your body starts forcefully resisting and I have you in a joint lock, guess what the first thing to give will be, your elbow/shoulder or my asp/forarm. This isnt going to look good infront of any jury when your libral candy A@@ ambulance chasing remedial law school jack hole puts you in all the bandages and a neck brace for your lawsuit against the city, department, and officer. OC, is a great tool, I swear by the stuff but it doesnt work every time and the other problem with it is that you have a contamination issue, spray a little and stand around it and you'll understand what I mean. If I have to put you in a cruiser after hosing you down its going to contaminate the cruiser and require that the unit stand down until its cleaned out. About the only time I really use it anymore is when dispersing a crowd, nobody wants to stand around that stuff. The Tazer isnt painful (yes Ive been hit with it), its alot like fainting. Your body blanks out for the most part and you have a feeling of being violently awoken into a stunned state, thats why you have alot of problem with people complying after being hit, it takes you a second to get your bearing back. Honestly I dont like the Tazers because everybody thinks of them as a less then lethal option for a deadly force encounter instead of a tool to use on uncompliant subjects who would otherwise warrent a violent arrest. Im not worried about getting dirty, Im 5'10" 165 lbs and will take on guys alot bigger then me and win due to my training, but I dont want to have to turn around and defend my actions infront of 12 people that have no idea what the job entails and look at me as the big bad police officer with my gun and badge run amok.

This is one of the reasons I left the job, the private sector is just easier.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
E6286 said:
Its a discussion forum. I didn't realize I didn't have a right to my opinion. Oh, also, I have been accepted into George Washington University Law (not that it really matters). Its one of the top 20 programs in the country.

Nonetheless, I still didn't realize I couldn't post my OPINION on a discussion forum.

No, because you are wrong. She assaulted the other officer, which is what made me reverse my stance. That warrants a response in force. If you try to hit me, you're going to get a forcible response, like most people on this board.

And WOOPTY FRIGGIN DO that you got into GWU Law program. Call us when you actually GRADUATE.

Clux4

Banned
Lawman said:
This is one of the reasons I left the job, the private sector is just easier.

Honestly, I think the Private sector is worse due to the fact that people think you are a toy cop and have a tendency to want to be rude. Law Enforcement is just hard work with alright pay. There are some that really pay good like Blackwater and Dyna Corps.

Status
Not open for further replies.