• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

H&K's MP7 and The Mission to Get Osama

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Cool gun. Freak job of a chick.

I kinda figured MB would go for her. She's a welder/machinist after all.....doesn't seem prone to a manatee inspired growth spirt any time soon. She could be high speed high drag but it would be a fun ride while it lasted

MasterBates

I kinda figured MB would go for her. She's a welder/machinist after all.....doesn't seem prone to a manatee inspired growth spirt any time soon. She could be high speed high drag but it would be a fun ride while it lasted

If only I could talk her and the current GF into.........

Nah. They'd BOTH shoot me for asking.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Kevin Brittingham and the guys at AAC are a class act. When I was just a freshman in college Kevin took a couple hours out of his day to show me a ton of machine guns and suppressors and go over the latest can designs with me. He gave the old man an awesome deal on an NFA Uzi too.

Kinda wish this chick was around back then...

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I'm all about her and wouldn't hesitate a bit. Agreed though, the ear lobes are kind of a dealbreaker.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Don't worry, Gatordev, I got the reference...even if no one else will admit it.

I've messed with the P90 once, and it was pretty neat. No recoil to really speak of, points naturally and super fast, but the magazine system takes some getting used to. I've not had a chance to play with the MP7, but I imagine it's pretty sweet. Any thoughts on the magazine location/ergonomics? Seems very...nouveau Uzi to me...

Ballistically, I wonder how the round performs? Anyone have a link? I imagine certain people among he firearms community will dismiss the round as niche/gimmick/not having enough 'stopping power', but if it chews bad guys into hamburger, I'm game.

As for the girl, I'll just quote my wife: "Oh. Yeah. Hell yeah. I'd go there. Do you have any more pics of her?"

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Ballistically, I wonder how the round performs? Anyone have a link? I imagine certain people among he firearms community will dismiss the round as niche/gimmick/not having enough 'stopping power', but if it chews bad guys into hamburger, I'm game.

Wiki is a good place to start as usual. At first glance it kinda looks like a solution looking for a problem when compared with a short suppressed 5.56. Except maybe when you factor in a need for a very small, very accurate, hi capacity weapon that is almost completely silent. Overpenatration is not as much a problem with the 5.56 as many assume but I'd guess that would be even less of a concern with the 5.7 and the 4.6. With spec ops shooters the "stopping power" discussion might not be as much of a big deal because everybody ends up with one in the head whether they need it or not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HK_4.6×30mm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5.7x28mm
As for the girl, I'll just quote my wife: "Oh. Yeah. Hell yeah. I'd go there. Do you have any more pics of her?"

Oh yea now your talking. You could sell tickets for that.

Rach.jpg
tumblr_lm3sdxeCWa1qbbuybo1_1280.jpg

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
A tatted up vixen versus my (very) tanned Rican girl... If they sold tickets, I'd buy them all, just to keep it all to myself.

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
Wiki is a good place to start as usual. At first glance it kinda looks like a solution looking for a problem when compared with a short suppressed 5.56. Except maybe when you factor in a need for a very small, very accurate, hi capacity weapon that is almost completely silent. Overpenatration is not as much a problem with the 5.56 as many assume but I'd guess that would be even less of a concern with the 5.7 and the 4.6. With spec ops shooters the "stopping power" discussion might not be as much of a big deal because everybody ends up with one in the head whether they need it or not.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HK_4.6×30mm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5.7x28mm
Hard to see the need for the 4.6mm round with the existence of FN's 5.7 filling a similar role. I'd be hard-pressed to consider relying on a cartridge with ballistics similar to the .22 Magnum (but smaller). Good thing there's 50 of them (P90 magazine). One has to worry about the "ice-pick" wound effects if not a subscriber to the energy-dump theory.
The HK round supposedly gets a lethality boost via yawing upon entering a denser medium. MP7 looks like a weapon designed specifically for the Secret Service, in being a very compact, easy to manipulate weapon with the ability to reach out a little ways if necessary by extending the stock and forward pistol grip. I think the USSS has some P90s in the inventory.
  • 5.7 ~400 ft/lbs
  • .22WMR ~325 ft/lbs
  • 4.6 ~310 ft/lbs
  • .17HMR ~260 ft/lbs
    [*]
    Fun fact: The MP7 can also help defend against the Combine. Anyone...anyone...yeah, I'm a dork.
Much more useful than that tomb-raiding USP Match