• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

GUSTAV: Massive Evil Hurricane of Death! Panic!

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There were two tornado warning for NASP. In both cases, the base siren went off about 10 minutes after the tornadoes were reported.

Sleep tight.

bb1125

None
So does anybody know if a bunch of helicopters are staged at Sherman? I just had four CH-47's (that's what they sounded like at least) fly over my house headed that way. If there is a bunch down there I might drive that way early in the morning to get some pics...
Just got back from base and there were a bunch of 60's, a few 46's, and a couple of C-130's.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
So does anybody know if a bunch of helicopters are staged at Sherman? I just had four CH-47's (that's what they sounded like at least) fly over my house headed that way. If there is a bunch down there I might drive that way early in the morning to get some pics...

Yes. There are a bunch of helos staged there for relief missions. The -60s are HSC birds (from what I was told) that were sent there first. Word is they aren't really going anywhere despite their current lack of use since Hanna is coming. There's still a bunch of people working the potential relief requirements if/when Hanna hits, so stay tuned.

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
Yes. There are a bunch of helos staged there for relief missions. The -60s are HSC birds (from what I was told) that were sent there first. Word is they aren't really going anywhere despite their current lack of use since Hanna is coming. There's still a bunch of people working the potential relief requirements if/when Hanna hits, so stay tuned.

Sweet, will try to get a peak tomorrow when I am down there...

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Update: 3 active tropical storms in the Atlantic currently, 5-day tracks are still a bit far out to really be conclusive.

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
Just got our power back!

What a bunch of shit. 48 hours of steady, uneventful rain.