• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

GUSTAV: Massive Evil Hurricane of Death! Panic!

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
So does anybody know if a bunch of helicopters are staged at Sherman? I just had four CH-47's (that's what they sounded like at least) fly over my house headed that way. If there is a bunch down there I might drive that way early in the morning to get some pics...

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
The Pizza delivery drivers union didn't have an issue with working during the hurricane?

See...I was getting hungry...and was going to order something from these stand-up guys at dominoes.

Then you posted and I lost my appetite. Thanks man, thanks. I get to throw up every time Single Seat posts. :D

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
See...I was getting hungry...and was going to order something from these stand-up guys at dominoes.

Then you posted and I lost my appetite. Thanks man, thanks. I get to throw up every time Single Seat posts. :D

[sarcasm] What are you... a bigot? [/sarcasm]

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Just to orient myself -- was that one/two of the old hangars at what used to be Chevalier Field ... ?? Close to the water .. ??

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Yes, those hangars are now the NATTC (A-school) gym and NEX.
Thanks -- wow, the NEX??? We had one that was a splinterville reject at the south end of the old parade ground. Mebbe still the current parade ground ....

Ave8tor

Bringing the Noise!™
pilot
Its a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

You don't evacuate, Gustsav slam NO, and its back to "George Bush hates black people". Everyone loses.

You evacuate the city b/c the weather guessers say that Gustav is going to schwack NO, but instead, it doesn't. Now, you have people pissed off because you told them to leave.. even though they knew what could happen if they didn't.

Seem that the only way the gov't could win this one was to evacuate and then have NO get schwacked. But wait, if the levees didn't hold, isn't that the gov't fault too?

People don't realize that Pres. Bush and the rest of the federal gov't and state gov't didn't decide to build a city below sea level in the middle of hurricane alley.

Just wait till Ike makes hurricane status and drives the same path as Gustav & Katrina. I can see it now.. "The government evacuated us for Gustav and nothing happened... I think I'm gonna ride this one out cuz I just don't feel like going through all that again..." and then...
whammyfy2.gif

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Just wait till Ike makes hurricane status and drives the same path as Gustav & Katrina. I can see it now.. "The government evacuated us for Gustav and nothing happened... I think I'm gonna ride this one out cuz I just don't feel like going through all that again..." and then...
whammyfy2.gif

"God hates black people"???