• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

GUSTAV: Massive Evil Hurricane of Death! Panic!

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
Awesome. Time to break out the kiteboard :D.

Good one.

They interviewed that guy on the news. He talks with a raspy voice because he had a tube down his throat for a few days because the docs put him into an induced coma. And even after that he said he would do it again! (Here's your sign.)

jdbryan

damn, I am goin to Jamaica soon, it better not screw up the coast, I will be pissed, and out of some good money.:eek:

We had a cruise scheduled for a week after the hurricane in Oct 06. One of our stops had to be cancelled because it was destroyed.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hypothetically speaking, if Pcola takes a direct hit, would those of us who have report dates for the end of next month likely see another delay in reporting? Because that would really piss me off.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Maybe it'll go to New Orleans, give Ray Nagen a chance to vindicate himself... after all they did reelect him.

voodooqueen

DAR Lapsarian
Schoolbus Ray will be cowering at the top of the Hyatt, or with his family in Dallas where he lives. The locals will be partying it out at Johnny White's where ever it goes. (It can't come to NO before the Voodoo Fest.)

Anyway, as of an hour ago, the Weather Channel has most models for the seven day forecast heading towards Lake Charles to Galveston. Two models were turning east towards what looked to be Destin and you all in Pensacola.

I think it should just go ahead on to Mexico.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
it ain't over yet

atl_overview.gif

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
For the love of God, I do not want this to head to New Orleans. I don't want my det to be canx.

johnny utah

still bigger than hip-hop
pilot
Hypothetically speaking, if Pcola takes a direct hit, would those of us who have report dates for the end of next month likely see another delay in reporting? Because that would really piss me off.

Nah just come on down and help us rebuild.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
^^ Good point. Anyone go through OCS in P'Cola in a hurricane? That'd make for one hell of a SUYA.

MasterBates

Great. For the 1st time in 6+ years of flying for Uncle, I get a XC to BOSTON (aka, Master's home) and this has to come up.. I hope they still let us go. Being stuck in Boston is far better than being around here for the Hurricane LEAPEX that will happen if it turns west.

Dig

I hope it hits anywhere except Pensacola (half of my family lives here and the Milton/Pace/Jay area) and deep South Texas. If South Texas, below Corpus Christi, gets hit by this thing, we're going to be in a world of hurt. It has been raining off and on every week since we got smashed by the first hurricane, and the ground is still soaked and our water table is high in the first place. I predict catastrophic flooding that has not been seen down here since hurricane Beulah back in 1967. We are basically a huge sinkhole.

I wish we could construct an artificial land mass in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico to kill or weaken these hurricanes before they make landfall. I'll keep dreaming :(.

Go Louisiana!

Single Seat, your sig is quite possible the greatest thing I have ever seen in my life. :)

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Question: Can one purchase additional flood/hurricane insurance knowing a storm like this is lurking?