• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

GUSTAV: Massive Evil Hurricane of Death! Panic!

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
maybe it will finish off a city that oughtn't have been built (or rebuilt) in the first place. Something about the phrase failing to plan is planning to fail strikes me as applicable in building a city below sea level, in an area prone to hurricanes, and then rebuilding it after one monster hurricane levels it. hmm... sometimes you just have to know when you're beat.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
maybe it will finish off a city that oughtn't have been built (or rebuilt) in the first place. Something about the phrase failing to plan is planning to fail strikes me as applicable in building a city below sea level, in an area prone to hurricanes, and then rebuilding it after one monster hurricane levels it. hmm... sometimes you just have to know when you're beat.

But WTF about Mardi Gras??

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Didn't School Bus Nagin accuse President Bush of using his evil weather machine and blowing up the levees because he hated black people??

phrogpilot73

I heard on the news today that New Orleans is "developing blueprints for evacuation." Umm, shouldn't "blueprints" have been "developed" some time ago, and now shouldn't they be working on execution?

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
I heard on the news today that New Orleans is "developing blueprints for evacuation." Umm, shouldn't "blueprints" have been "developed" some time ago, and now shouldn't they be working on execution?

Hey, at least they're improving. Just think, 50 years from now, if there's anybody still living in New Orleans, they'll be ready like a month ahead of time.

On another note, I'd like to meet the guy who did the ORM on "Build large city...next to ocean...below sea level."

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
Gee, I'm glad I booked a condo at Navarre Beach for this weekend.

SH!T

I guess I'll just have to bring my surfboard!:icon_rage:D

AUtiger

Crossing over to the dark side
pilot
Great, I'm moving to P'Cola on Tuesday and it will be in the middle of a hurricane....awesome. Perhaps I should wait until my no later than date of next Friday when it will just be pouring rain and not gale force winds.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's so important, I'll use BOLD type:

Don't read too much into the five-day projected path. It has a huge-mongous error, and it's really little more than an average of the computer models plus some tweaking by the METOC guys based on their read...IOW, an educated guess.

GUSTAV is going into the Gulf, and will probably be a serious hurricane. Beyond that, it's a crap shoot. The forecast model won't become any more reliable until GUSTAV gets clear of the Yucatan channel, probably on Saturday night.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey, at least they're improving. Just think, 50 years from now, if there's anybody still living in New Orleans, they'll be ready like a month ahead of time.

On another note, I'd like to meet the guy who did the ORM on "Build large city...next to ocean...below sea level."
He never existed. :icon_tong