• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gun Laws in your state

Pugs

Back from the range
None
When Gula's "strict scrutiny" case hits the Supreme Court this year (and hopefully wins) we're going to see a lot of these state's chickenshit laws go away as an unreasonable restriction on a personal freedom (his last win with the Supremes)

You wonder how a state as blessed with great country can go so damn wrong. :(

DukeAndrewJ

Divo without a division
Contributor
haight-hippie.jpg
Numbers don't lie, but hippies still dont get it: MORE gun laws = MORE crime.

You're telling me THIS guy doesn't GET it?

edit: Mass. may be vying for CA's title of craziest state: http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2009/10/amherst_mulls_r.html

twholman

guns in cali

good to know there are some like-minded people on here. One thing you can do is just buy your gun in another state and just mail it to yourself. That's what I did....

OSUbeaver

Time to musk up
pilot
I LOVE california, but absolutely hate the government here and the hippies.

You want hippies? Try living in Oregon for four years, I'm from CA and the hippies there are NOTHING compared to Oregon hippies. Thankfully Oregon also has a healthy population of outdoorsmen to help level the playing field.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
You want hippies? Try living in Oregon for four years, I'm from CA and the hippies there are NOTHING compared to Oregon hippies. Thankfully Oregon also has a healthy population of outdoorsmen to help level the playing field.

I LOVE trolling hippies, even more than I do AW.

Just really enjoy saying shit to rile them up and start them on an hour-long rant whilst I sit and smile.

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor

As a native Oregonian, I can both resent this statement out of pride for my state (what remains of it, anyways) and vouch for its accuracy at the same time...pretty cool, huh? ;)

I'll agree that California hippies are pretty insane, but they really don't hold a candle to Oregon (and really the south-of-Seattle, Washington crowd too) hippies. You take a bunch of outdoorsy folk, throw in some lax marijuana laws, ridiculously homelessness, a healthy dose of bleeding-heart liberalism and what do you get?

This guy.

ajmportlandloserfv4.jpg

Pugs

Back from the range
None
I'll agree that California hippies are pretty insane, but they really don't hold a candle to Oregon (and really the south-of-Seattle, Washington crowd too) hippies. You take a bunch of outdoorsy folk, throw in some lax marijuana laws, ridiculously homelessness, a healthy dose of bleeding-heart liberalism and what do you get?

Need a little global cooling to fix that hippies wagon :D

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
In defense of my beloved home state, in my view, you have to take the good with the bad. There's something very unique in the northwest, particularly in Oregon, where you have a generally liberal sentiment west of the mountains and in the population centers contrast by a fairly conservative agricultural/ranching presence east of the mountains and in the significant rural areas in the west. Now, if you plunge yourself into downtown PDX or the U of O campus, sure, you're going to find the hardcore fringe - same holds true if you trompse through Klamath Falls or Ontario. I used to decry the ridiculousness of the fringe left when I was younger, but as I've lived outside Oregon for nearly 20 years, I'm able to see how those two groups kind of take the edge off each other. Oregon has this really unique and amazing friendly vibe with lots of "salt of the earth" people - interesting people from all walks of life. 20 years ago, I would never have considered a return to Oregon to retire. Now I eagerly look forward to it.

Brett

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Plenty of gun shows in Reno. I bet the one this weekend will be crowded with CA plates.

RyanF

unimportant
4. Ban on internet sales AND reloading components for "handgun" ammunition to California once the law takes effect. (So long ammoman.com.) At least Arnold purged the 50 round per month limit that was in the bill's original form.

Actually, AB962 may never be enforced thanks to this part ^ since it is preempted by the Federal Aviation Administration Authorization Act of 1994. See here:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=230676&highlight=AB962

Can't wait for the lawsuits to roll in! :tongue2_1

Numbers don't lie, but hippies still dont get it: MORE gun laws = MORE crime.

But this is california, results don't matter only intentions. :icon_tong

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
From the NRA:

CALIFORNIA:
NRA Sponsors Legislation to Repeal AB962!

Earlier this year, Assemblyman Curt Hagman introduced Assembly Bill 373 related to the sales of handguns. AB373 was supported by the National Rifle Association in order to streamline the ability for law-abiding Californians to purchase handguns. Now that Governor Schwarzenegger has signed AB962 into law, people are already becoming aware of the damage that it will do to California and its citizens. Therefore, the NRA worked with Assemblyman Hagman to amend AB373 into legislation that would repeal AB962. The newly-amended AB373 will be heard in the State Legislature in January of 2010, so we must be ready for these hearings. As a first step in this process please contact Assemblyman Curt Hagman and thank him for his leadership in this very important effort to repeal AB962. His office phone number is 916-319-2060 and you can email him at Assemblymember.Hagman@assembly.ca.gov.