• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

[GUN] Any suggestions?

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Here is an example of a few mods to a 10/22 (magnum)...graphite barrel, many titanium parts from volquartsen, re-worked trigger...stock is ok.....6.5-20X50mm Simmons scope...a very accurate little package.

duo.jpg

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
That's pretty close to my own 10/22...have a Hogue rubber stock on it, Clark stainless steel barrel, and a stock receiver though...but it's pretty riced-out.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
metro said:
That's pretty close to my own 10/22...have a Hogue rubber stock on it, Clark stainless steel barrel, and a stock receiver though...but it's pretty riced-out.

It's not rice if it's functional :icon_tong

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The M1 to have

nittany03 said:
I haven't gotten bitten by the shooting bug in awhile and I was thinking of buying a gun. A rifle, specifically. Still looking at buying an M1 eventually but I'd like to start off with something a little more manageable and affordable than 30-06. My dad's Marlin 60 is an example of what I'd rather not get; it's a Rube Goldberg contraption that jams after 50 rounds or so. Any other suggestions from the resident gun nuts for a good .22, .223, or similar rifle for day-to-day shooting?

CAPT "Roy" Rogers had the M1 "jones" as well and he let it be known upon his retirement that he'd really like a custom M1 "built" by Andy Nelson (SEAL) who is the guy you want to build you a rifle or custom bullet. Here is what Roy got on Sept 2005 (presentation was done by VADM Nichols in Fallon O'Club so if certain AW poster had pressed harder to carry the good admiral's bag, he'd have been there...hard saying from Roy's wife....that's doesn't actually shoot bullets, does it?):

xmid

pilot
Contributor
I have a remington PSS in .308 that I will probably be selling soon to get some extra cash for school next semester. If anyone is interested it shoots .5 moa or better (and I can provide photos to prove it) with handloaded rounds. I have shot this gun out to 300 yards and I can say with confidence it is one of the most accurate "factory guns" out there. Its only had 50 rounds through it. If anyone is interested just send me a PM. I would be much happier selling it to a naval aviator or a soon to be naval aviator than joe blow wanna be sniper. Look up remington PSS if you want to see what it looks like.