• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

[GUN] 2nd Ammendment Continues To Prove Its Worth

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
True story ... have you EVER seen someone coming off the firing range frowning???

Actually, yes. Cops that fail to requalify. Sad to say, it does happen. They shouldn't be frowning in spite of their lack of requal as the tragets weren't shooting back. Better an unqualifed cop sent to explain to his Sgt then a dead one.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
wink said:
Actually, yes. Cops that fail to requalify. Sad to say, it does happen. ......
ALOHA From the Territory:

Yeah, you're right --- and they shouldn't be Cops, either. There are too many of them in uniform today that equate the firearm tool as no more necessary than a stapler or office copier tool. I know, as I used to train deputies in the county.

My wife qualified on a "police qualification course" as a "nugget" AND finished 1/2 way up the standings. All participants save three were sworn officers ....

But recreational shooters? Naaaaa ..... smilin' all the way. I stand by my original comment. :)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Police officer's can be scarily ignorant of their own firearms. I once saw on Discovery Channel I believe, about the LAPD, of a woman police officer qualing at the range. Her Beretta jammed multiple times. She laughed it off and said something about never cleaning it.

This is not an isolated incident. While many police are knowledgeable and professionals, many are morons with their firearms, designed to save their life and the lives of others. I also don't trust cops with firearms laws, however this is because I lived in MA when even the police were confused by MA's completely ridiculous laws.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
ALOHA From the Territory:

My wife qualified on a "police qualification course" as a "nugget" AND finished 1/2 way up the standings. All participants save three were sworn officers ....

[/b]

She's a keeper :) ! It was my wife's idea to go shoot with my boys yesterday. On the way out of the club I showed her a gun and she insisted I should by it on the spot. How did we rate brides such as these A4s?

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
Fly Navy said:
Police officer's can be scarily ignorant of their own firearms. I once saw on Discovery Channel I believe, about the LAPD, of a woman police officer qualing at the range. Her Beretta jammed multiple times. She laughed it off and said something about never cleaning it.

This is not an isolated incident. While many police are knowledgeable and professionals, many are morons with their firearms, designed to save their life and the lives of others. I also don't trust cops with firearms laws, however this is because I lived in MA when even the police were confused by MA's completely ridiculous laws.

Speaking of this, did you ever see the video (I think it was on the ubiquitous Ebaum's World) where the big DEA agent with dreads is giving a presentation about guns to an elementary class and shoots himself in the foot with what he thinks is an unloaded Glock 40? Hilarious, but frightening at the same time...then he reaches for some sort of submachine gun and everyone starts freaking out...if I can find it, I'll post a link.

*EDIT* Found it. Here's a link to download/watch it: http://www.crapville.com/uploads_videos/copshootsleg.wmv

FlyingBeagle

pilot
Despite the incredible stupidity, I can't help feeling somewhat sorry for that guy. How embarrassing would that be? I'd probably go home and cry myself to sleep in a dark closet. Bunch of damn, punk kids laughing at me. . .