• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

[GUN] 2nd Ammendment Continues To Prove Its Worth

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Who was it here that said the 2nd Ammendment was outdated and that normal citizens don't need guns?

http://www.statesman.com/search/content/auto/epaper/editions/today/news_342278fe0324917e000f.html

Armed militia protects its New Orleans neighborhood

Band of neighbors survived Hurricane Katrina, then fought off looters.

By Bob Dart
WASHINGTON BUREAU
Saturday, September 10, 2005

NEW ORLEANS -- The Algiers Point militia put away its weapons Friday as Army soldiers patrolled the historic neighborhood across the Mississippi River from the French Quarter.

But the band of neighbors who survived Hurricane Katrina and then fought off looters has not disarmed.

"Pit Bull Will Attack. We Are Here and Have Gun and Will Shoot," said the sign on Alexandra Boza's front porch. Actually, said the woman behind the sign, "I have two pistols."

"I'm a part of the militia," Boza said. "We were taking the law into our own hands, but I didn't kill anyone."

She did quietly open her front door and fire a warning shot one night when she heard a loud group of young men approaching her house.

About a week later, she said, she finally saw a New Orleans police officer on her street and told him she had guns.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Who was it that said "out of my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston wasn't it? NRA Pres?

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
...or you could post the articles showing how the NOPD is taking away guns from legal gun owners in the area...

..showing the total disregard for 2nd amendment rights

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
squeeze said:
...or you could post the articles showing how the NOPD is taking away guns from legal gun owners in the area...

..showing the total disregard for 2nd amendment rights

Yep, a serious issue.

[sarcasm]People are looting and raping and killing down there. We better confiscate all the guns, or someone could get hurt.[/sarcasm]

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
Who was it here that said the 2nd Ammendment was outdated and that normal citizens don't need guns?
Maybe it was me. Is there a problem with this?

snizo

Supply Officer
Supposedly the state of LA has some sort of provision that allows for very strict firearm control in a state of emergency.

But ... the people have firearms because of the US Constitution / Bill of Rights.

How can the state of LA override the bill or rights?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
snizo said:
How can the state of LA override the bill or rights?

Ask California, Illinois, Washington DC, Massachusetts, Hawaii, etc etc.

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
snizo said:
But ... the people have firearms because of the US Constitution / Bill of Rights.
Do you really think we should be allowed to have firearms simply because there's a constitutional amendment that may or may not guarantee that freedom?

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Steve Wilkins said:
Do you really think we should be allowed to have firearms simply because there's a constitutional amendment that may or may not guarantee that freedom?

I think the rational behind why they included the 2nd Amendment is sound, so yes I think we should have the right to have firearms...

snizo

Supply Officer
Uhm ... yes, Steve. I do think that the peple should actually have a right that is stated in the Constitution.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Steve Wilkins said:

Do you really think we should be allowed to publish because there's a constitutional amendment that may or may not guarantee that freedom? Good lord Steve. Weak.

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ok folks, follow along with me here.

Based on...
snizo said:
...I had the following question...
The responses thus far:
jamnww said:
I think the rational behind why they included the 2nd Amendment is sound, so yes I think we should have the right to have firearms...
and...
snizo said:
Uhm ... yes, Steve. I do think that the peple should actually have a right that is stated in the Constitution.
and...
Fly Navy said:
Do you really think we should be allowed to publish because there's a constitutional amendment that may or may not guarantee that freedom? Good lord Steve. Weak.
None of these responses answers my question. Here, let's try again....and stay on topic this time (Fly). We can talk about the First Amendement if you wish in another thread. But here, we're talking about the Second Amendment.

Ok, I'll ask it again. Do you really think we should be allowed to have firearms simply because there's a constitutional amendment that may or may not guarantee that freedom?