• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Growler Visit to the Cradle of Naval Aviation

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
@ ea6bflyer - at the risk of speaking for my friend, I submit his intent with "fighting from the boat" implied organic CVW strike packages - which CVW NFL does a very good job of.

Yes, AWF does a great job of teaching the CVW how to fly over-land strikes.

When's the last time you were at NFL when the wx required all players to shoot TACANs and/or PARs? Seen a holding stack at the initial? Its a good thing they're all boat trained ;)
Two points of contention:
1. Crappy wx at the beach is far different from a dark night case 3. Have you already forgotten? It's apples and oranges. Trick or treat on the ball around the boat is far more exciting than hitting bingo in the restricted area.

2. Not all aviators at Fallon have boat experience.

but more importantly you get to crush your ready rooms and maintainers to make the metric morons happy.

If you are referring to learning warfighting skills at sea (Combat Operations Efficiency) as making the metric morons happy, then yes. You are welcome. :D

-ea6bflyr ;)

Renegade One

None
You guys...awesome thread jack/pissing contest about EA utilization, Navy vs. USAF exercises/training/yadda yadda yadda. Will someone please let us know, after the fact, how the Growler visit went? Motivating? Other? Cancelled?

BUDU

You guys...awesome thread jack/pissing contest about EA utilization, Navy vs. USAF exercises/training/yadda yadda yadda. Will someone please let us know, after the fact, how the Growler visit went? Motivating? Other? Cancelled?

I enjoyed it, sir. Great chance to really see what they're all about. I wish more platforms would try to sell themselves to us like that--because that visit pretty much made up my mind.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You mean they don't? Wow. Regular dogs and ponies from the different communities were a fact of life during my turn through the VTs. Maybe they just figure they don't have to sell themselves to the SNFOs any more, since the pipeline choices have dwindled.

It was a visit from Spew from the RAG to P'cola in a brand-new Hawkeye 2000 that convinced me to go E-2s. Whether that was a good thing remains to be seen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
You mean they don't? Wow. Regular dogs and ponies from the different communities were a fact of life during my turn through the VTs. Maybe they just figure they don't have to sell themselves to the SNFOs any more, since the pipeline choices have dwindled.

It was a visit from Spew from the RAG to P'cola in a brand-new Hawkeye 2000 that convinced me to go E-2s. Whether that was a good thing remains to be seen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Are you new here? We don't deal in overall trends and facts here at AW. We are more concerned with small, finite snapshots of students' perceptions of what happened. All VT IPs hate jets, no one visits Primary to recruit, and all VP dudes make a seemingly well-running traffic pattern screech to a halt.

Well, at least we know the last part is true, for sure.

BUDU

True, it's my snapshot. I guess I was basing it off of the OP saying A-pool and API were welcome to visit too, and assumed anytime people visited the flight line 633 would know about it too.

leo20307

Rhinos
None
I enjoyed it, sir. Great chance to really see what they're all about.

Concur. It was cool to see the "light at the end of the tunnel" so to say. Plus the guys were great with Q&A and fun to talk with.

Growlers, great weather, and throw in the mullet toss at Florabama and that's the makings of a pretty good day in my book.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
True, it's my snapshot. I guess I was basing it off of the OP saying A-pool and API were welcome to visit too, and assumed anytime people visited the flight line 633 would know about it too.

Don't take my post personally. You're trying to cash in on any and every opportunity to learn about what's in your future. Good on you. It's a great way to keep your eyes on the eventual prize.

Renegade One

None
I enjoyed it, sir. Great chance to really see what they're all about. I wish more platforms would try to sell themselves to us like that--because that visit pretty much made up my mind.
Sierra Hotel. Whichever way your mind went, glad the visit was additive to your personal decision-making process. You're right about the part of "more fleet platforms oughta come see us". Was the same in my day. Why? I dunno...

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thanks sir. Just didn't want to make an ass out of myself after getting such a great opportunity today.

Relax young one, you are among friends here, most who have trod in your shoes. I remember it with a smile. Some may disagree, but I still believe that Naval Aviation is "The Show"!;)

Ya' gotta do your time in the Minors, before ya' make the "Big Leagues".
BzB

Jamin'G

pilot
Hey ladies and gents!

Great turnout today! It was great to see guys and gals from API, to primary, to advanced showing up. All told I'd say we had somewhere between 50 and 75 studs show. It's great to see that the quality and motivation levels of students is as high as ever. Lots of good interaction today with the future of the fleet. For those of you that showed, it was a real pleasure talking to you, and I wish ya the best with all your future exploits no matter what community you end up in! With that being said, Electronic Attack is where it's at. ;). No bias here whatsoever. Thanks for your time.

Best,
Jamin'G