• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Great house with huge pool in Milton for sale

bigfish

I can always fall back on my SAW skills
pilot
We are selling our house in Milton and heading to New River. It's in a great dead-end neighborhood about 15 minutes from Whiting, with a huge pool. Check it out at www.pensacolamls.com MLS#315703. Let me know if anyone is interested.

bigfish

pilot
lower price

Hey, we just lowered our price to $160K if anyone's interested.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We are selling our house in Milton and heading to New River. It's in a great dead-end neighborhood about 15 minutes from Whiting, with a huge pool. Check it out at www.pensacolamls.com MLS#315703. Let me know if anyone is interested.
If you sell it through Airwarriors, I'll have to take the 3% commission since Webmaster can't legally accept it on his own. Don't worry though, I'll share with him. :D

bigfish

pilot
another reduction

Well, we're going to be in New River really soon and had to make another reduction to our house in FL to $155K.
Definitely let me know if anyone is interested, and if anyone has any other suggestions for advertising. We have it on Militarybyowner.com (MBO28167) and the Pensacola MLS site and the Whiting housing office. Any other suggestions?

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
This may be of no use to you, but be advised I just closed today (a week late) on a house I was selling to buyers getting a 'sub-prime' loan, and it very nearly didn't happen. I'm sure this was partly a function of my buyers, but despite being pre-approved the underwriters were all over them past anything I or my realtor or the escrow service had ever seen.

bigfish

pilot
Hm, I'm not even familiar with what "sub-prime" is, did that mean they had bad credit or was it like an interest-only loan?

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
Could be a number of different things: people with poor or limited credit histories, little or no money down (except the gov't backed ones like VA) or folks buying too much house for their income level (bad debt to income ratios).

I accepted the offer from my buyers because they could do a 15 day escrow (or so their lender claimed initially) and they offered a bit more money net to me. But unfortunately all the bad news about sub-prime mortgages hit as they were trying to close and I very nearly lost out on the deal.

atflor

pilot
A sub-prime loan product is a product where the borrowers are higher risk. Prime is the rate given to a banks best creditworthy customers. Sub-prime would be given to borrowers that pose some credit risk. ie-poor credit or an LTV (loan to value) higher than a lender may offer their customers that qualify for prime rates.

bigfish

pilot
This was just e-mailed to me but I can't see it on the thread for some reason:
"Here is the message that has just been posted:

---Quote (Originally by bigfish)---
Well, we're going to be in New River really soon and had to make another
reduction to our house in FL to $155K.
Definitely let me know if anyone is interested, and if anyone has any other
suggestions for advertising. We have it on Militarybyowner.com (MBO28167) and
the Pensacola MLS site and the Whiting housing office. Any other suggestions?
---End Quote---
Are you using a Realtor?"

Yes, we are using a realtor, but the house has been for sale since the beginning of November and not much has been happening, therefore, my wife and I are trying to get things moving ourselves.

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A sub-prime loan product is a product where the borrowers are higher risk. Prime is the rate given to a banks best creditworthy customers. Sub-prime would be given to borrowers that pose some credit risk. ie-poor credit or an LTV (loan to value) higher than a lender may offer their customers that qualify for prime rates.
You're right about it being a product for higher risk borrowers. However, a sub prime loan doesn't have anything to do with the "prime" rate. A sub prime loan just means that the loan falls outside of conventional financing. The prime rate is what rates for 2nd mortgages, HELOC's (Home Equity Line of Credit), home equity loans, credit cards, and other short term loans for a lenders best credit worthy borrowers are tied to.

On the other hand, rates for first mortages (fixed and ARM's) for a lender's best credit worthy borrowers are tied to one of several indexes, the most popular being the LIBOR (London Interbank Offered Rate) index, the CMT (Constant Maturity Treasury) index, the COFI (11th District Cost of Funds Index), and MTA (12-Month Treasury Average) index, not the prime rate (which is currently 8.25%). Other indexes can and are used. These five just happen to be the ones that are used most often.

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Are you using a Realtor?"

-------------

Yes, we are using a realtor, but the house has been for sale since the beginning of November and not much has been happening, therefore, my wife and I are trying to get things moving ourselves.
That was me that asked that. I didn't notice that you had it in the MLS until after I posted. So I went back and deleted it. That's why it's not in the thread.

Have you asked what what your Realtor has done lately to market your home lately? Has your Realtor relayed any feedback to from people that your home has been shown to? If not, why not?

bigfish

pilot
Yeah, we talk to him weekly. The real estate company does flyers, a TV spot and radio. The main problem is that not many have looked at the house. But we have gotten good feedback from those that have looked. So it's not the house but we're thinking that our realtor is just not reaching the right people or something.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That was me that asked that. I didn't notice that you had it in the MLS until after I posted. So I went back and deleted it. That's why it's not in the thread.

Have you asked what what your Realtor has done lately to market your home lately? Has your Realtor relayed any feedback to from people that your home has been shown to? If not, why not?

Now Steve will be stabbing co-workers in the back in a whole new profession. :D

Brett

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah, we talk to him weekly. The real estate company does flyers, a TV spot and radio.
A word to the wise. The tv spot, radio spot, and flyers (to some degree) are not designed to market your house. Their purpose is to market your Realtor. They just happen to give the Realtor an excuse to advertise himself and tell prospective sellers, "Look, this is what I do" when in reality, the methods you mention are not that effective at getting people to view your home.