• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gouge for Selectees of FY22 IWC DCO Reserve Board

nothanks1

When did you commission and when did you start drilling?

You need 50 points for a good year. 15 points are given to you just for breathing, 48 points come from drill (1/drill day, 2/month) and add another 15 for ATs so in a normal year you get 78 points. If you just started drilling in June, you aren't going to make 50 points even with an AT anyway (15 given+8 drill days+15 AT=38).

You can always ask for an AT waiver, this way you can avoid issues of not having done an AT. Otherwise, they may put you on orders to the command or to go sit at the NOSC/NRC for 2 weeks and watch the paint dry or the grass grow.
I believe you can't do AT until after you ODS.

The 50 points are also calendar year based on your anniversary of when you joined, not FY based.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
I believe you can't do AT until after you ODS.

The 50 points are also calendar year based on your anniversary of when you joined, not FY based.
Right, but what I'm saying is there is no point in stressing about a good year, he can't get one anyway. He needs to submit an AT waiver.

nothanks1

Right, but what I'm saying is there is no point in stressing about a good year, he can't get one anyway. He needs to submit an AT waiver.
That's not true. With an AT waiver, 9 drill weekends/18 drill days (36 points) and the 15 points given he would be at 51 for the year.

number9

Contributor
That's not true. With an AT waiver, 9 drill weekends/18 drill days (36 points) and the 15 points given he would be at 51 for the year.
Can you do that math for me? I commissioned in March and my first DWE was the weekend just gone. My command has offered an AT waiver to go to ODS in October, so how am I supposed to get a good year in terms of points?

If I'm understanding the system correctly then it seems very tough to make a good year if you join (or, more to the point, are gained & affiliated) after more than half-way through the FY.

nothanks1

Your points would be what you can get from March 2022 to march 2023.

June 2022 to March 2023 would be 9 or 10 drill weekends depending when in March 2022 your first day was.

Either way as long as you have the AT waiver and go to all of your drills between now and February 2023, you'll have a good year.

9 drill weekends (36 points) plus the 15 you automatically get.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
I’m saying, following a normal (2 day/month) drill schedule thats 4 months left in the FY worth 16 points. Add that to the 15 freebies he only has 31. Add a 12 day AT bringing him to 43. Unless he wants to do more IDTs, which his unit may not allow outside a normal DWE, I don’t see how he makes up the 7 points needed for a good year.

nothanks1

I’m saying, following a normal (2 day/month) drill schedule thats 4 months left in the FY worth 16 points. Add that to the 15 freebies he only has 31. Add a 12 day AT bringing him to 43. Unless he wants to do more IDTs, which his unit may not allow outside a normal DWE, I don’t see how he makes up the 7 points needed for a good year.
Good year isn't based on FY.

number9

Contributor
Your points would be what you can get from March 2022 to march 2023.

June 2022 to March 2023 would be 9 or 10 drill weekends depending when in March 2022 your first day was.

Either way as long as you have the AT waiver and go to all of your drills between now and February 2023, you'll have a good year.

9 drill weekends (36 points) plus the 15 you automatically get.
Thank you, I appreciate your response. I was conflating ideas: I didn't realize that you need AT before the end of the fiscal year for a good year, but DWEs are based on the calendar year..

TheClyde

Thank you, I appreciate your response. I was conflating ideas: I didn't realize that you need AT before the end of the fiscal year for a good year, but DWEs are based on the calendar year..
It's not based on calendar year either I don't think, it's based on a rolling or progressive year (so March-March) but correct me if I'm wrong @nothanks1

number9

Contributor
Gotcha, but there is no such thing as a calendar year that doesn't start Jan 1 (in the western calendar at least) :)
You're right! I should have said rolling year.

In Australia, all FYs start on July 1 and end on June 30. I was very surprised when I moved here and found out you can pick whatever you want for your FY..