• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Goshawk flyby

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
^^ elaborate... what happened?

I wish I could. I just remember seeing video of a low flying hornet over a stadium for a fly-by. Had to use burner to climb and accelerate from a bad situation. It was on one of the msnbc investigates type shows. Timeframe was probably mid to late 90s. PR mission gone bad.

BeanFighter

pilot

Story goes the pilot was FNAEB'd so in retaliation the rest of the east coast Hornet community stopped supporting flyby requests for a while.

The Goshawks were from 21, Tampa Bucs game, 2003. The flight lead gave them exactly what they wanted.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
^^that was it. When your flying makes the national news (in a bad way), expect repercussions.

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot

Story goes the pilot was FNAEB'd so in retaliation the rest of the east coast Hornet community stopped supporting flyby requests for a while.

The Goshawks were from 21, Tampa Bucs game, 2003. The flight lead gave them exactly what they wanted.

Man, I like to push the envelope, but a close examination of the video makes you wonder if he didn't just simply fvck this one away and got lucky on the recovery.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
I think I would have crapped a joyous loaf had I been there. Awesome.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I wonder how many times "holy sh*t" was exclaimed throughout the stadium....

I have a feeling this aviator was met by some kind of official upon exiting the jet, or at least by the SDO. "ah, dude.....the skipper wants to see you..."

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
another method is to check out the "Community Relations" link on usmc.mil (it's located about halfway down the left side of the page). click on that link then click on the "Eligible Events in Your State" link on the left side of that page. On that page click on "Eligible Aviation Requests" ... then choose a state and event. Navy has something similar here

S/F

Can I request my birthday party?