• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Good Watch Recomendation

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
G-Shock took me through TBS, all of flight school, SERE, and it will keep on goin until my FREAKIN OMEGA SHOWS UP!!!!!!

KLT

I'd swear by my Casio Pathfinder..
it's huge on my wrist, but unfortunately they don't make cool watches for girls...

it has a compass, barometer, altimeter, even the tide changes are mapped as well as the moon cycle every day.
I love it mainly because I can use it diving for directions, and depth as well as knowing high tide and low tide. It's awesome and impressive, if you want a watch that literally does everything except fix the kitchen sink ; )

MerchantMiddie

pilot
Breitling all the way, if its in the budget, I own a chronomat, but the Airwolf is a bitchin' watch as well. Otherwise, the Citizen Skyhawk A-T Titanium can be had for just over 400 on ebay, and is my next watch. It has some awesome features, and for what you get, its really a bargain. Hamilton also makes some super sweet watches between those two price ranges (500-1500). Finally, Glycine makes some stunning (and huge) watches. I'm fond of the Airman 18, but thats another $1500+ watch. happy hunting!

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
CJ, this thread might help you out with watch selection: The Great Watch Debate.

Personally, I have a Citizen Eco-Drive (I don't know the model number) for everyday wear, a TIMEX Iron Man for wear in the field/PT, and then I have a gold watch for dress-up.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
If you could get any watch that's what you'd get? Really?

The OP asked for something that would be appropriate for OCS.

Wake up, PT, eat, class, eat, class, eat, drill/PT, sleep, repeat.

Who needs a watch?

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot
I'd swear by my Casio Pathfinder..
it's huge on my wrist, but unfortunately they don't make cool watches for girls...

it has a compass, barometer, altimeter, even the tide changes are mapped as well as the moon cycle every day.
I love it mainly because I can use it diving for directions, and depth as well as knowing high tide and low tide. It's awesome and impressive, if you want a watch that literally does everything except fix the kitchen sink ; )

I think the Pathfinder is a tricked out G-shock. Get yourself one of the two. I use my G-shock for an accurate time hack every flight (you don't have to call the Naval Observatory), and the time memo feature keeps all of my take-off and landing times for me. And your gloves won't get in your way, trust me....

blackjaw

http://www.tagheuer.com/the-collection/carrera/index.lbl

Now that's a nice timepiece.

carrera_tachymetre.jpg

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Pathfinders are great but are HUGE on most everybody that doesn't have some sort of bodybuilder wrists. They're also heavier than a g-shock. Stick with the g-shock. You don't need a compass at OCS.

FLY_USMC

pilot
I wear a Rolex GMT Master II because I'm doing my part to make sure future generations of hot bitches all believe Aviators are rich, cut, sophisticated bad asses that you WANT to invite into your bedroom.

Or, you can fuck us all and drive a pinto to work, wear your Ironman to the bar, and at the same time SPOUT OFF about what you do.....all while trying to pick up the ladies.

I'm doing my part to better our world, you should too.

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot
Pathfinders are great but are HUGE on most everybody that doesn't have some sort of bodybuilder wrists. They're also heavier than a g-shock. Stick with the g-shock. You don't need a compass at OCS.

I saw a Marine CAPT in the sandbox rocking one and it looked fine on her. I guess she was just more of a man than some of you... Have fun in the pipeline. :icon_smil

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Although I love Rolex, I don't have 6k burning a hole in my pocket.... And if I did, that's a lot of trips to Vegas.... I'd also kill myself if I ever lost a watch like that....

fltlll

I keep trying to convince my wife that instead of having kids (way down the road), she should just let me buy myself a Breitling every year. Cheaper, probably, and I know for sure I will love them.

This has to be my signature. NOW.

Pags

N/A
pilot
I'd also kill myself if I ever lost a watch like that....

Are you afraid of losing your hand? How do you lose a watch? It's kind of attached to your wrist and your hand should keep it from falling off ( I apologize if you're short a hand. but in that case, use the other arm).

Also, I agree with FLY_USMC and Hoover. Have a nice watch. G-Shock/Timex is cool for the gym and dirty work, but it's nice to have something to fill the gap between timex and dress watch. I don't have a Rolex, but if I had the cash I would. I've got a nice Hamilton. It's an automatic watch and in my opinion is a bit nicer and more unique than the citizen eco drive that everyone has (hey, when you found out you got into flight school you got the citizen blue angel watch? hey, me too! it has a whiz wheel so people know i'm a pilot!).

At my bachelor party when some of my buddies from home where hanging out with some of my pilot buddies, one of my HS buddies looks around and goes "hey, what's with all you guys and the big watches?"