• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Good Watch Recomendation

CJ21S

E-2 Bubba
pilot
So I just graduated college and my grandmother wants to get me a graduation gift. I am thinking of a decent watch that will work well for OCS and probably beyond. Anyone have any suggestions as to a type?
Thanks,
CJ

Bevo16

pilot
What is your budget?
This:
timexwatch.jpg

Or This:
big-bang-222_48.jpg

What kind of grandmother we talking here:

Rich:
venice-peggy-guggenheim.jpg

Not so rich.
sleeping_urma_280-01.jpg

Details dude, details.

kat27

A great watch for running...
Nike. I have had it for two years and used it a lot. Still going strong...

Lobster

Whats wrong with that sweet watch they gave you at the athletics banquet for being a senior??? Don't you like the purple soaring eagle in the middle??

puck_11

Growler LSO
pilot
OCS? Get a Timex Ironman, you won't be able to wear it half the time that you're there, IIRC. You don't want to ruin a nice watch there, plus mine worked well for flight school, on the rare occasion that you actually used a watch in the plane.

gotta_fly

pilot
I've worn a Columbia Sportswear All Sports Digital for the last 5 years and it's worked very well. I'm pretty sure Kohl's carries them for like $15. Since my wife bought me a sweet whamadine Casio Pathfinder it's mostly been relegated to exercise (including swimming) and the beach.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
C'mon guys...GRADUATION PRESENT...not $15 Ironman Triathalon. Your not going to get any cool points at OCS or flight school for an expensive watch, but if I could get any watch I wanted, I would look at some nice Citizen Eco Drives ($250-$500)

If you really want to get made fun of, they make a Blue Angel version :D

Attachments

• watch1.jpg
    watch1.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 47
  • watch2.jpg
    watch2.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 38
  • watch3.jpg
    watch3.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 40
  • watch4.jpg
    watch4.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 47

gotta_fly

pilot
If you could get any watch that's what you'd get? Really?

The OP asked for something that would be appropriate for OCS.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Do you want a nice watch as a nice graduation present, or something you can use at OCS? I'm not an OCS guy, but I would't bring anything there that I didn't want to lose. I wore a $25 timex for SERE school.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
I wear a Casio G-Shock solar atomic watch. It's never failed me once and I've abused the hell out of it. I got a subdued green one with a synthetic nylon band that doesn't make my wrist sweat.

They're affordable and good quality.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Get a nice watch that you can wear later on with your whites/blues or civilian counterparts. In the cockpit your watch will be covered by your gloves and (at least for me) inconvenient to reference, and you certainly don't want to ruin a nice watch PT'ing.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Second the G-Shock. I've got an Eco Drive and a Tag, but I got the citizen cleaned up and don't wear it in the plane anymore, and I don't really wear the Tag unless I'm in a suit. The solar/atomic G Shock saw me thru my Bear Grylls experience in balmy Brunswick, ME and keeps perfect (literally) time. You can get one from about 60 all the way up to over 300 with all the bells and whistles.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I keep trying to convince my wife that instead of having kids (way down the road), she should just let me buy myself a Breitling every year. Cheaper, probably, and I know for sure I will love them.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
...on the rare occasion that you actually used a watch in the plane.

I've always gotten a kick out of pilot watches. In all of my flying I can remember using my watch maybe three or four times, let alone any flight computer watch gizmo.