• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Good Ranges in Corpus?

OSUbeaver

Time to musk up
pilot
If you are looking for a polymer handgun, the Smith & Wesson M&P is 2 steps above the Glock. The XDM took most the M&P's improvements over the Glock and added a grip safety, but the XDM's ergonomics are still not as good as the M&P.

If you are looking for something small in .380, the Walther PPK is top of the line.

I was down on Sig for a long time (the ones that I was issued in the squadron were worn out) but I have a new P-226 Navy that I am in love with.

FWIW when I was doing the research for my first pistol I read a few places that there were issues with the M&P magazines coming loose during firing; can anyone speak on that? I ended up going with a XDm .40 that I absolutely love and recommend.

jfulginiti

pilot
None
Shot the M&P compact yesterday. Liked it except that I shot one with a thumb safety and you have to flip it down to fire.... which is backwards from everything else I've shot. Kind of weird.

Ghstrdrvt

Don't tase me bro.
pilot
Just go south on the island until the road becomes two lanes. After a few hundred yards there's a break in the fence on the right and a dirt road. Turn on the 4WD, head out into the dunes and shoot as much as you want. Probably weren't supposed to shoot there, but we went out there and shot skeet all the time.

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
There is a shit ton of public land out that way. If you are one it and far enough from the road (100yds I think) it is legal.

Ghstrdrvt

Don't tase me bro.
pilot
Exactly... we were out on public land, middle of nowhere, and we weren't shooting endangered birds in a sanctuary. We were shooting skeet in the middle of a massive dune.

Hardly headline-worthy

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
There is a shit ton of public land out that way. If you are one it and far enough from the road (100yds I think) it is legal.

No shit? How do you know what's public and what's not? Is there a map or something? I may have to take the M1A out into the dunes tomorrow...