• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Good Ranges in Corpus?

arbor

I'm your huckleberry.
pilot
Couldn't find anything by searching, looking to get into shooting a bit, wonder if there's any good places to go in Corpus? Thanks for any info.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
The Sharpshooter on Airline is a really good place. In the shopping center at Airline and Holly, back in the corner. I went there many times, they've got a rifle and a pistol range. Not the cheapest, but very friendly.

www.thesharpshooter.com

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
How's the handgun rental selection at The Sharpshooter? I honestly haven't had an opportunity to fire very many handguns and would like to try out as many as I can before I make my first purchase.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Back from the dead. Does anyone know of any outdoor ranges that charge by the day? I think that indoor ranges are for pistols, but that's just me...

FunWithGuns

There is the Starry range on yorktown just before you cross into the bluff to the right, its $10 a gun a day.

If you plan on being in Corpus for any amount of time you can get a membership at the Corpus Christi Pistol and Rifle Club, for $125 a year you and your family/friends can shoot as much as you want. They have a pistol range as well as a rifle range to 500 yards, although I heard they shut down the 300 and 500 because a subdivision is going in behind the place.

They also have a tactical range, sillouette, and trap and skeet that costs extra.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
+1 on the sharpshooter. Good guys. A bit of a premium on prices if you're buying, but top quality store and range. Military Mondays. Every kind of rental from a bersa 380 to a 1911, to a desert eagle.

I bought my first gun there, did my CHL there and went to the range there a few times. Good stuff.

MrF

pilot
I'd second Starry's, especially when it's not Monday. He has a 100 yard rifle range set up, and it's hard to beat $10 a gun for as long as you want to shoot.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
There is the Starry range

If you plan on being in Corpus for any amount of time you can get a membership at the Corpus Christi Pistol and Rifle Club

Starry freaked me right out. It struck me as being a farm where a guy happened to get a range permit and decided to charge folks to shoot. It was definitely a "less than safe" place to shoot both times I went.

The CC Rifle and Pistol club is the best bet for anyone who shoots more than once a month. Sharpshooter has a nice range, but it will really add up to spend any time in there.

jfulginiti

pilot
None
Shot at Sharpshooters today... didn't intend to but I didn't really NEED to go in early and prep for my sim. Looking for a carry pistol so rented a few. Shot 50 rounds with Glock 19, it was okay, felt a little awkward but not bad. Shot 50 rounds with a Springfield Armory XD 9mm subcompact, awesome gun. Then just for the hell of it shot 100 rounds with a Walther P22.... lots of fun. Wanted to shoot a Sig 232 but they didn't have any .380 ammo. Military Monday's and Tuesday's Ladies Day so going to take my wife next week. Great place.

redmidgrl

livin' the dream
Contributor
I like Starry Range because I bring both my pistol and my AR...

It really depends on what you're doing. If I bring more people than weapons, it's cheaper to shoot at Starry. If you bring multiple pistols to shoot, Sharpshooter can be cheaper.

~Red

Bevo16

pilot
If you are looking for a polymer handgun, the Smith & Wesson M&P is 2 steps above the Glock. The XDM took most the M&P's improvements over the Glock and added a grip safety, but the XDM's ergonomics are still not as good as the M&P.

If you are looking for something small in .380, the Walther PPK is top of the line.

I was down on Sig for a long time (the ones that I was issued in the squadron were worn out) but I have a new P-226 Navy that I am in love with.

jfulginiti

pilot
None
If you are looking for a polymer handgun, the Smith & Wesson M&P is 2 steps above the Glock. The XDM took most the M&P's improvements over the Glock and added a grip safety, but the XDM's ergonomics are still not as good as the M&P.

If you are looking for something small in .380, the Walther PPK is top of the line.

I was down on Sig for a long time (the ones that I was issued in the squadron were worn out) but I have a new P-226 Navy that I am in love with.

I probably won't go with Glock. It was okay but just didn't feel right. I'll try out an M&P next week. I'm not set on 9mm or .380... actually doesn't really matter other than most .380 pistols are smaller. I've never shot .380 so I need to try that out as well. I have a Sig SP2022, love it.