• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Good Books? (marine corps)

Sundown

Eight-year-olds, Dude...
stevo01 said:
Wasn't he the Lt. of the recon platoon in Generation Kill?

when does it come out???

It's out right now, I bought it yesterday. I cannot put it down.

esday1

He'll dazzle you with terms like "Code Red."
Speaking of Capt. Fick, he has an interesting op-ed in today's NY Times:
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/20/o...00&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss&pagewanted=all

September 20, 2005
An Honest Victory
By NATHANIEL FICK
Cambridge, Mass.

AUTHORITY can be delegated; responsibility cannot. President Bush's speech last week accepting responsibility for the federal government's slow response to Hurricane Katrina was commendable, if overdue. Though it has been derided by some as political expediency, the president's acknowledgment was a necessary first step in rebuilding the Gulf Coast and preparing for the next disaster.

This new transparency, however, shouldn't stop with Hurricane Katrina. Consider the positive effects that would follow a similar presidential assumption of responsibility for American missteps in Iraq.

By declaring that the buck stops at his desk, President Bush could begin a top-down rethinking of our military and political strategies since the 2003 invasion. He would also establish a standard of personal accountability for everyone in the chain of command, much as his statement last week prompted Gov. Kathleen Blanco of Louisiana to follow suit. And it just might galvanize enough bipartisan support to break the ideological gridlock that has limited changes in Iraq policy to marginal tweaks rather than a full reassessment...

motiv8r

"Imperial Grunts" by Robert Kaplan is a fantastic book. Very politically neutral--he's not an anti-American left wing type, but not a "USA is number one" kind of guy either. I would highly recommend it. It covers what the US is doing in a lot of areas other than Iraq and Afghanistan.

cWood30

PLC Sr's Candidate
Surprised no one's popped up with "Gift of Valor" by Michael M. Phillips. A "good" read/account of Jason Dunham and the men that were with him on the day that he earned the CMOH. I've got alot of studying to do, but I'm working on picking up the books mentioned so far, really looking forward to them all. Thanks for this thread!