• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

George P Bush Joins the Navy.......

ben4prez

pilot
(there are no 22 year old DIRCOMs)

Insignificant point prehaps, but one of my buddies from college was a 22 (mayber 23) year old DIRCOM to the intel community last year...definately a Hill staffer, but also was the campaign manager in '06 to a competitive congressional campaign for a current Congressman who was also a Navy Intel officer...certainly proud to have him as a part of the Team...

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Originally Posted by zab1001
You're way out of your lane in here.

Originally Posted by Lawman
Im not the only one that thinks so....

I'm referring to your slamming the DIRCOM system in post #7 when by and large it's major success story.

snizo

Supply Officer
Marine Reserve officers recieve the same 10 week hell and 6 month Suck as every other officer in the Corps. Does the Navy feel there is some critical differnce in the level of training needed between active and reserve duty. Why does it take 14 weeks to train every other officer but a reservist can do it in 2. Its a joke, seriously. Even if you've gone through the Academy we do the Bulldog program which takes longer then this. Ive been to friggen summer camps that are longer then two weeks. You dont see reserve basic being shortened to 3 full days over the weekend do you. Why would we expect any less from the men leading them.

All the DCO's I met in the reserves (including the ones who never actually went to DCO school) are professional enough not to start questioning everyone's motives for serving. They also won't try and flash their ego and bash other services' training programs.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
I'll give Bush credit for serving in any capacity, his reasons be damned. It puts him above the millions of other idiots out there crying about the state of the nation who don't serve.

As for the 2 week training "discussion"...who cares. He's not trying to lead Marines after two weeks, he's going to turn information into intel. Big Blue says it's all he needs. Good enough.

The sky is not falling.