• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS FY17 Budget Proposal to Cut CVW-14

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Last job was at NHHC - they're your go-to source to determine what's worthy of keeping and what you can DRMO/sell.

They might send a team of reservists (all 13X5 types) and historians to get the lay of the land, as it were.

Either way, they'll be happy to help out, especially if you approach them.

(quick obtw - they regularly look at ebay for controlled items like ship's bells, ready room chairs, etc.)

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
Well, I am the coffee mess officer. The struggle is real.

VFA-41's coffee mess o put together a quick PDF file catalog and then posted on their Facebook page that they were selling items. This might be an option - I know there are a lot of 15 alums on the non-official Valion fb page that are always looking for a way to buy swag.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
VFA-41's coffee mess o put together a quick PDF file catalog and then posted on their Facebook page that they were selling items. This might be an option - I know there are a lot of 15 alums on the non-official Valion fb page that are always looking for a way to buy swag.

There is a difference in selling regular coffee mess items like patches and t-shirts and squadron cruise plaques, I would heed Squorch's advice and contact NHHC first to figure out what the next steps are.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Unfortunately those are Navy issue.

Heard a story that CNAL owns em and they're all warehoused in a few places near the shipyards. The older ones get sent to a company to be refurbished, reupholstered, etc, usually when the boat is in the yards. Oh, and get that ash tray covered up... :eek:

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
There is a difference in selling regular coffee mess items like patches and t-shirts and squadron cruise plaques, I would heed Squorch's advice and contact NHHC first to figure out what the next steps are.

Yup - I should have been more clear - I was commenting on a way to off-load geedunk items not the historic stuff.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Apparently there are conex boxes full of stuff like that, including the extra coffee grinder you guys never used on cruise. Fact is, no one knows the exact answer...I'm sure the archive doesn't want our beer die table.

Have the next east coast airwing stick the beer die table in their surface lift to Fallon. We can add it to the dozens of tables that are already in the locker behind the club. At least then maybe some 15 Alums will be able to play on it.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
VFA-15 has redesignated multiple times and even been disestablished once in the past... for one day, on June 1, 1969.

I hope the rumor about high-lot supers comes to fruition. The Navy's got too few squadrons in Oceana as it is!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I wonder how this will affect those of us just about to go into OCS and the Aviation Pipeline.

Probably minimally. As was mentioned, several of the "shutdowns/defunding" were already scheduled or had never really been budgeted for yet. The Navy plans for things anywhere from 3 to 7 years out, so they still have a rough idea on what they need, at least according to historical data.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
OCS grads won't be affected. The training pipeline is long, and can be throttled to compensate for one squadron plus or minus.

That said, does anyone know of any occurrences of someone finishing the FRS and not having a spot available in the fleet? Seems unlikely, but somehow I'll bet it's happened.