• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS FY17 Budget Proposal to Cut CVW-14

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
VAQ-134 has been an EXPED squadron since they started the Growler transition this past Summer. None of this stuff is a surprise, and they'll probably stand another CVW up once FORD is thrown into the mix.

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
Not very happy to see my first squadron - VFA-15 on that list. I've heard rumor it is supposed to stand-up with Supers once the F-35 transition begins?

Pags

N/A
pilot
HS-15 was on the chopping block a decade ago until they got tagged with first Air Ambulance and then a SOF mission in support of OIF.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Not very happy to see my first squadron - VFA-15 on that list. I've heard rumor it is supposed to stand-up with Supers once the F-35 transition begins?
Only word right now is that we deactivate on Dec 1. No idea how long we'll keep jets.

If they do reactivate the squadron, it will be with all new personnel.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Didn't they just have this argument like four years ago?

hscs

pilot
HS-15 was on the chopping block a decade ago until they got tagged with first Air Ambulance and then a SOF mission in support of OIF.

They have been on the block before and the lack of underway deployments allowed for the rotational air ambulance and one pull up north.

We could afford to have excess force structure back then. Not so much right now. My guess is more blood to come.

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
Only word right now is that we deactivate on Dec 1. No idea how long we'll keep jets.

December 1 of '16 I'm guessing? Wow that seems fast. Who is moving to CVW-8? I wondered what was up when I saw 87s E model CAG bird at the Oceana air show and it had our 300 modex...

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Only word right now is that we deactivate on Dec 1...If they do reactivate the squadron....

Not to rehash the old argument but technically the Navy doesn't 'reactivate' squadrons, once they are disestablished a squadron is gone for good officially unlike the other services.

GroundPounder

How does that affect the career timelines of those that are in the squadron? I would assume that there are those that would be just about to leave, but there must be a certain number of people that would be mid tour.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
How does that affect the career timelines of those that are in the squadron? I would assume that there are those that would be just about to leave, but there must be a certain number of people that would be mid tour.
I'm not savvy enough to speculate, front office is doing a good job and trying to take care of as many guys as they can.