• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY14 Supply DCO Commissioning Thread

RaginCajun

Has anyone who was selected in January of this for Supply DCO been commissioned yet? I know some were commissioned in FY13 and the rest will be FY14.
Word is that the FY14 group's final documents will be sent to recruiters this week.

Anyone else have info?

Anyone here get selected out of the Houston NRD?

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Congrats. I got mine in one package though the FS was dated about 10 days earlier. Have you decided how/when/where to do your ceremony?

RaginCajun

VERY cool. I'm not actually planning to have a ceremony, because I live in a different state from my recruiter/the unit I'll be temporarily attached to during my training.

If I could do it anywhere, it would be the WWII museum in New Orleans (I'm from there and live near) because my Grandfather did a lot of stuff there early in its existence giving stories from his time on a carrier back then. But he's no longer around, so it wouldn't be the same.

mit311

Ragin,

So what did get get last Jan when you were selected? Just an email from your recruiter, or at least a letter of some sort? I've been patiently waiting to re-submit this year after my package was held from the board last Jan (recruiter error).

RaginCajun

I got a call from my recruiter as soon as he saw the results. No formal letter or anything. I've had to sign an extra form or 2 in the waiting period and go to MEPS and wait a lot but that's it.

Now that he has the final select letter, he said it's only a few days until COMDOCs show up and I can go over and do all that needs to be done.

Good luck on your re-submit!

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Congrats! Just remember though that the paperwork and waiting aren't over yet! I am 2 months commissioned and still waiting on paperwork!

IntelNinja

I get to make up my own? Hmm...
Sadly, I'm actually taking heart at the stories of delays. I'm getting ready to deploy for my civilian job at the beginning of November for 6 months and am hoping that the delays in obtaining COMDOCs, finalizing paperwork prior to drilling, etc., take up the majority of the 6 months so that by the time I get home, "The Waiting Game" is done and I'll be able to begin drilling with either no delay or perhaps missing a month of two of drill while still deployed and attempt to make up the time.

Not sure the reality of the situation, but that's my hope.

Bam Bam

FTS AMDO
I'm sorry guys! Wow, I hope it goes really fast for you guys. I had the opposite experience as our sister in arms, PenguinGal. I commissioned on a Thursday and I was drilling that Saturday! The down side was that nobody expected me so I didn't get too much accomplished. Then I PCSd and I had to do INDOC all over again! I really hope it goes well for all of you. In two years when were all LT jg's this will be nothing but a funny story and a good character building exercise!

Last edited:

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
In two years when were all LT jg's this will be nothing but a funny story and a good character building exercise!
Yeah, being an ENS is sorta' like having VD. The upside is, though it take 18 months... the cure is permanent, and you can't pass it on to others!:D
BzB