• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY14 STA-21 Applicants

lifepilot17

FY-14 STA-21 Alternate Selectee
has anybody completed their medical portion yet?

I finished my SNA candidate physical in June, passing everything. However, from what the Flight Physical HM's had to say, the flight doc's are backed up in Pensacola by a few months so I'm still waiting on the 'official' documentation from them.

Hurry up and wait!

Jeremy Springston

FY14 CEC Option
I finished my SNA candidate physical in June, passing everything. However, from what the Flight Physical HM's had to say, the flight doc's are backed up in Pensacola by a few months so I'm still waiting on the 'official' documentation from them.

Hurry up and wait!

Unfortunately, NAMI is more backed up than a Marine on an MRE diet and this never really changes. I'm an AVT and can remember NAMI taking seemingly FOREVER to deal with new exams and pilot waivers and such...huge pain in the rear. All that matters is that you were found PQ/AA by the flight surgeon at the time of your physical. Beyond that, the only thing that might hold up your exam at NAMI is an administrative error.

lifepilot17

FY-14 STA-21 Alternate Selectee
All that matters is that you were found PQ/AA by the flight surgeon at the time of your physical.

Thankfully, that was the case! They did the whole in-depth cycloplegic eye test and the anthros portion says I have no restrictions for any aircraft the Navy offers, so that's also a confidence booster!

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
I have a bad gut feeling that our results will be getting delayed a little but due to the government shutdown. Think about how many civilians are working for most if not all the flag officers that the results have to route through. I am hoping for them to come out soon but am prepared for a possible November release. What do you guys think?

James_j7

FY15 STA-21 CORE Applicant
I have a bad gut feeling that our results will be getting delayed a little but due to the government shutdown. Think about how many civilians are working for most if not all the flag officers that the results have to route through. I am hoping for them to come out soon but am prepared for a possible November release. What do you guys think?

I –regrettably-- agree with your statement. Even though the board has convened, there is still a process of routing that is required. I am currently at a staff command. Once the civilians got furloughed, there have been many delays in the routing system. Most of the civilians on staff are key experts in finding discrepancies and fixing them on the spot. Without these personals, much of the stuff is being sent back (several times) in order to correct the certain discrepancies. It’s been a headache at my command. So a delay is highly possible!

ohnoitslizz

FY-19 LDO Applicant
I –regrettably-- agree with your statement. Even though the board has convened, there is still a process of routing that is required. I am currently at a staff command. Once the civilians got furloughed, there have been many delays in the routing system. Most of the civilians on staff are key experts in finding discrepancies and fixing them on the spot. Without these personals, much of the stuff is being sent back (several times) in order to correct the certain discrepancies. It’s been a headache at my command. So a delay is highly possible!

James! I thought you had emailed Mr. Paros and he had said mid-OCT, now you're a believer in delayed results? lol I sure hope you guys are wrong!

I got an email from our CMC stating that the NWAE results would not be delayed, I hope the same applies to our results!!!

James_j7

James! I thought you had emailed Mr. Paros and he had said mid-OCT, now you're a believer in delayed results? lol I sure hope you guys are wrong!

I got an email from our CMC stating that the NWAE results would not be delayed, I hope the same applies to our results!!!

lol! I became an unbeliever as soon as I noticed the chaos that was occurring in my command. That email from Mike did calm my nerves for a moment, but just like any message it must be screened and routed. However, there is always room for hope. Maybe there will be no errors all the way to the admiral's desk prompting an on-time release. Let's see.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
That's a pretty good article. The one thing that we really can't be sure of is how many of the flags have civilian counterparts that handle a majority of their paperwork.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Someone posted on the STA 21 FB page that they called p cola and was told that there will be a slight delay in results and that they are expected near the end of Oct ...

James_j7

There hasn't been one message released in October so far... it's not looking good for us

The NAVADMIN's are being released. The NPC website is currently being updated on a priority basis due to furlough. So there will be no release of NAVAMINs on the site until the appropriations are made. However, the Naval Message Traffic is still releasing NAVADMINs:

Last NAVADMIN on NPC: 254/13 Sept 30, 2013
Last NAVADMIN via naval message: 265/13 Oct 09, 2013

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
The NAVADMIN's are being released. The NPC website is currently being updated on a priority basis due to furlough. So there will be no release of NAVAMINs on the site until the appropriations are made. However, the Naval Message Traffic is still releasing NAVADMINs:

Last NAVADMIN on NPC: 254/13 Sept 30, 2013
Last NAVADMIN via naval message: 265/13 Oct 09, 2013
I hope you're keeping an eye out for our message ... :D