• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY14 STA-21 Applicants

maestro87

It seems like the comments we all get from our chain of command let us feel like we have the best packages, and that's ok.
Normally when someone tell me I will get picked up, my reply is always "It would be nice if you was sitting on the board."
Of course I wouldn't submit a package if I dont think I would have a chance.
The only thing that counts for me is what the board says. #theresults.

James_j7

FY15 STA-21 CORE Applicant
....And the anticipation increases!!!!! What did you ask, James? I wonder if they'll put us in river city during results... I hope not! I get message traffic to my inbox... my heart flutters everytime I see a CNO message come through...
I basically asked, if the results would come out sooner due to less applications this year.

Hey everyone I admit I'm a little nervous about this whole government shutdown / debt ceiling issue and how it will effect us. In fact over the last couple of years I have myself heavily following politics, but I often find myself torn on my political views. Now generally I lean left (please don't crucify me lol) so on one hand I want what I think would be good for the country, but on the other hand I would like the military to have a lot of money to fund programs like these. Its unfortunate that most of the money in DOD budget goes to government contractors who may or my not use it appropriately instead of being used to cultivate leaders and innovators on the inside.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
It's good to know that there are others out there watching the message traffic. I usually check it every hour. Next week I will be TAD to the base gym to administer the PFA for my entire command. That means I will be away from my shop the entire week. Ill be keeping an eye on the forum with my phone. I'm probably going to be going crazy but I'll just go in the gym and move a few heavy things and I'll be much better. Happy Saturday.

lifepilot17

FY-14 STA-21 Alternate Selectee
It's good to know that there are others out there watching the message traffic. I usually check it every hour. Next week I will be TAD to the base gym to administer the PFA for my entire command. That means I will be away from my shop the entire week. Ill be keeping an eye on the forum with my phone. I'm probably going to be going crazy but I'll just go in the gym and move a few heavy things and I'll be much better. Happy Saturday.

I foresee gaining some more muscle while being TAD with you at the gym!

Message traffic seems like a double-edged sword with the anticipation right now, but thank goodness for smart phones!

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
Even with all the shenanigans going on, I still think that the results will come out about the same time frame as they did last year.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
How's everyone doing with colleges? (Applications, acceptance, degree plans, etc.)
I have three more apps pending. I have already been admitted to ASU and still pending for UT, UF, and TAMU. I have yet to contact ASU to draft a degree plan because I'm pushing more towards Texas A&M. I feel like I'm not as worried about the college process as I was last year. Is anyone else having any headaches with schools?

ohnoitslizz

FY-19 LDO Applicant
How's everyone doing with colleges? (Applications, acceptance, degree plans, etc.)
I have three more apps pending. I have already been admitted to ASU and still pending for UT, UF, and TAMU. I have yet to contact ASU to draft a degree plan because I'm pushing more towards Texas A&M. I feel like I'm not as worried about the college process as I was last year. Is anyone else having any headaches with schools?

I've been admitted to the school I want, ODU and still pending UMD at College Park, but I have not completed a degree plan yet either.

lifepilot17

FY-14 STA-21 Alternate Selectee
So far, so good for me. Still admitted to Eastern Michigan University, and still trucking along on my degree plan.
Only 6 classes left until I have my B.S. in Aviation Management!

A_Wand

FY12/13 ALT FY14 CANDIDATE
i
I've been admitted to the school I want, ODU and still pending UMD at College Park, but I have not completed a degree plan yet either.

ive been accepted to ODU as well! since i live close, its the smartest move! hey were very hard to work with last year about rushing a degree plan and such... but now that i have a base, it shouldnt be hard to work off of.

adaltuna

FY-14 SWO/ED applicant
I have been attending my classes at ODU in pursuit of my Computer Engineering degree for a little over a year now, I live in the are as well. I already have my acceptance letter and my degree plan in place, has anybody completed their medical portion yet?

Elias Conkling

I have been attending my classes at ODU in pursuit of my Computer Engineering degree for a little over a year now, I live in the are as well. I already have my acceptance letter and my degree plan in place, has anybody completed their medical portion yet?
I know when I got picked up last year, everybody just did their medical stuff after the report came out. You're usually not too pressed for time getting that part done. It's the DCPs and the acceptance letters that take the longest.