• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY14 IDC DCO Boards

AgLawman

I want to apply but I'm being told that there has to be 6 months between the official nonselect letter and the next application. I'm shooting for Supply now, if that's the case.

Echoing the above...I was a non-select on the September '12 board for Intel, my recruiter notified me verbally. I never actually saw an actual non-select letter. Fortunately for me, my recruiter still believed I was competitive and was willing to resubmit me before the March '13 board. I completed a request for reconsideration letter, that got sent to be placed with my original package, and I was ultimately pro rec for Intel this time. For what it is worth, I haven't seen that in writing either, :)

I was unable to apply for this board. I feel like the recruiters were against me applying again. So what I am doing now is I am in the process of re-enlisting. Hopefully fairly soon I will be able to finish the process and start serving again as an IT2. I get to keep my former rank luckily. I plan to keep applying when the boards roll around, but at least this way I get to serve, even if its in an enlisted manner.

My goal is to get my IDC qual and keep working toward finishing my masters degree in IT and cyber security. If I don't get picked up in the next 3 years, at least I will have other avenues open to me for a commission (LDO/CWO).

Hopefully next time not only the recruiters see my drive and desire , but the selection board as well.

PapaK

Best wishes to those applying for the September Boards. Gearing up for the March Boards. Full Steam Ahead!!!

lost_in_asia

With the board just a few weeks away, is it just me or does there seem to be much less activity on the FY14 thread compared to last year?

PapaK

The bulk of the activities seems to be during the spring boards. A lot of us were unable to reapply after the spring selection, which would explain the quite. Sit tight for the Spring frenzy.

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
The bulk of the activities seems to be during the spring boards. A lot of us were unable to reapply after the spring selection, which would explain the quite. Sit tight for the Spring frenzy.

Why weren't you able to re-apply? I have been assuming that if I don't get the nod this time around that I could re-apply in March...

I applied in March and again for this Sept board. I cant wait! I am hoping that this is it!

I am also disappointed with the lack of activity for this board. There was so much helpful info being thrown around last board.

das

Contributor
You can rely on the gouge/info from the FY13 board — for some reason, it seems like we might just be going through a lull where perhaps some of the applicants haven't found AW. :)

PapaK

Why weren't you able to re-apply? I have been assuming that if I don't get the nod this time around that I could re-apply in March...

Something about having to wait six months from the date of your non-select letter (which you will likely never see) in order to apply again WITHIN THE SAME COMMUNITY. By the time you receive the letter the next boards will be less than six months away. You could, however re-apply if there has been a significant change in your resume such as degree, certs, new significant experience, etc. I'm hoping my newly acquired PMP will make a difference in March. Good Luck.

PapaK

I applied in March and again for this Sept board. I cant wait! I am hoping that this is it!

I am also disappointed with the lack of activity for this board. There was so much helpful info being thrown around last board.

I know of at least two people who have given up the fight. One is still considering the enlisted ranks. The other is fast approaching the age limit. I hope they both make it though. Good guys.

yingty01

You could, however re-apply if there has been a significant change in your resume such as degree, certs, new significant experience, etc. I'm hoping my newly acquired PMP will make a difference in March. Good Luck.

To piggyback on this, if it is your intent to reapply your recruiter will/should ask you to provide a letter to the board to that effect. The letter is your opportunity to demonstrate to the board that you are more competitive than during the last cycle. I was selected during the March 2012 board after being a non-select the previous September. I used the intervening months to beef up my resume. I don't recall offhand how long after non-select I submitted my letter.