• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY13 STA-21 Applicants

Do you think the numbers will go up next year?

• Total voters

breadandbutter

FY-12 Specwar Alternate
With selection board getting closer and closer when shall we start placing bets on dates of results???
I wouldn't start that until we're in October, or you may drive yourself crazy. Lucky for me I return from deployment between now and the time results come out, so I have other distractions like seeing my family for the first time in many months to keep my mind occupied. I'm sure however that I will be losing just as much sleep as everyone else come mid-October. Tick, tock...

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
I think the board will convene tomorrow. And I will bet that the results will be out on OCT 18th. but no one knows gwaaahahahahaha..... This wait sucks. On a good note, I called Texas A&M and told them whats up and asked for an expedited admission decision and they said they would get on it first thing tomorrow and it was not a problem. I was actually quite surprised how much they were willing to help. I will be calling UT tomorrow morning to see if I can get the same results. Hows everyone else doing with colleges ??

hippievan

FY-13 STA-21 CEC Applicant
I think the board will convene tomorrow. And I will bet that the results will be out on OCT 18th. but no one knows gwaaahahahahaha..... This wait sucks. On a good note, I called Texas A&M and told them whats up and asked for an expedited admission decision and they said they would get on it first thing tomorrow and it was not a problem. I was actually quite surprised how much they were willing to help. I will be calling UT tomorrow morning to see if I can get the same results. Hows everyone else doing with colleges ??
So I emailed Mr. Straten today to see if he would give me any information, and the only thing he released to me was that the board already started, no specific date. And the wait gets even worse after hearing that doesn't it?

As for schools, I have my acceptance and degree plan to Penn State (before the freeman report was released). I am also looking to going to the Citadel, which is automatic after selection I guess. I submitted a degree plan from both schools and the acceptance letter in my package, hoping it might help me out a little. I did have to bite the bullet when it came to paying the application fees though.

I actually went to Texas A&M before I joined the Navy, I obviously had too much fun there or I wouldn't be enlisted. I would recommend A&M over that other place :), especially now that A&M is in the SEC, best crowd and traditions in college football. I don't know what degree you are wanting to pursue but I was going for engineering, it is still ranked as one of top engineering programs for public universities.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
So I emailed Mr. Straten today to see if he would give me any information, and the only thing he released to me was that the board already started, no specific date. And the wait gets even worse after hearing that doesn't it?

I would recommend A&M over that other place :), especially now that A&M is in the SEC, best crowd and traditions in college football.

SEC is where its at. Its getting kind of big though. It could get rid of the Gators..... and maybe LSU....... I can deal with Auburn. Obviously UGA is the best of them.

As for the board already starting, it feels weird to know that right now our packages are being looked. All the hard work that most of us put into them is being judged. Come on color copies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
SEC is where its at. Its getting kind of big though. It could get rid of the Gators..... and maybe LSU....... I can deal with Auburn. Obviously UGA is the Come on color copies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sent anything color that I could. I felt that if they were looking at documents all day long that a color copy wold be easier on the eyes.

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
Well all I have heard is rumors as to how they look at packages. I think somebody said that they scan them, then put thim up on a projector for the board memebers to see. If they do that, do they scan them in color? Who really knows? Maybe Office Depot put the gauge out there to color copy them so that they could get my $10.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Office Depot cleaned my wallet out too. I also had them make all the copies of my package for my boards. That was a good heap of change too. I would have done it here at the command but all the copiers here really suck.

hippievan

So my wife thought I was bad when putting everything together to submit the package...I think she is looking for an apartment to rent for the next month.

hippievan

Well all I have heard is rumors as to how they look at packages. I think somebody said that they scan them, then put thim up on a projector for the board memebers to see. If they do that, do they scan them in color? Who really knows? Maybe Office Depot put the gauge out there to color copy them so that they could get my $10.
I am with you, Office Depot is putting out mad propaganda.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
I just got some awesome news. I have been accepted to Texas A&M/ Dwight Look College of Engeneering. Its such a relief to hear that. I feel like half the battle is done. I am trying not to get my hopes up too much because its gonna be a heart breaker if I'm not on the list next month.

hippievan

I just got some awesome news. I have been accepted to Texas A&M/ Dwight Look College of Engeneering. Its such a relief to hear that. I feel like half the battle is done. I am trying not to get my hopes up too much because its gonna be a heart breaker if I'm not on the list next month.
Congrats on the acceptance, the school is great! I would go back there but my wife's family all live around each other near Penn State, and that means free child care!

5 more weeks until results come out, yes?

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
5 more weeks until results come out, yes?

I was hoping more like 4 weeks. Eh... I guess I can stick it out one more week. What are those days like leading up to the release of the message? Do the COs really get the results before the message is released? I remember reading through some of last year's thread and some people were saying that they were notified by their CO of their selection. I will get very familiar with the refresh button.

Daniel White

MM3 -> YN3
I put my package in for the first time this FY as well. And yeah, this wait blowsssss. When my buddy got picked up for OCS, our boss (RADM Moran) actually went and congratulated him... which I thought about and decided it would be a bad thing for me because I don't even know what I would do if I got picked up and he came and told me. Maybe just Tiger Wood's fist pump will get the excitement out of my system rather than something drastic that'll reflect how happy I am on the inside lol best of luck to everyone though-- sounds like everyone's got a pretty solid package. I'm a prior nuke and a current Embry Riddle student applying for CORE. Hopefully the numbers from last year were a fluke and this year will supplement that with some higher ones.