• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

SWOwhat

FY10 STA-21 SWO Select
NAS Oceana Branch Health Clinic

Aviation Medicine/ Physical Exams
Telephone Number (757) 953-3779
Hours of Operation: 0700-1500

Oh I guess you don't really need AVMED so any of these prob could take care of you depending on where you are at:
http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/nmcp/Clinics/Pages/default.aspx

I just called them and they gave me a bunch of crap and eventually told me I cant get it done there. I have all my records with me now since I am in between commands. My last ship is in the yards in NN and I cant get on to it because of the whole SY badge issue so I guess Ill try Little Creek? Maybe theyll be nicer.

KilroyUSN

Prior EM1(SS) - LTJG - VP P-8 NFO COTAC
None
Another question

So I am on a submarine base, have no experience with aviators really.
Do NFO's and/or Naval Aviators even wear BDU's?
Because they have thier green poopy suit don't they?
Sorry for probably such a dumb question, but I really never see aviators.

You really are a Pirate

YARRR! I've been a pirate all me bloomin' life! Me mother was a mermaid and me father was king neptune! I was born on the crest of a wave and I ROCKED the cradle of the deep! My eyes are stars my bones be sparrs when I spits I spits tar and my hair is maid of seaweed! I's hard! I IS! I AM! I ARRRRR!!!!!

gjhouston

YARRR! I've been a pirate all me bloomin' life! Me mother was a mermaid and me father was king neptune! I was born on the crest of a wave and I ROCKED the cradle of the deep! My eyes are stars my bones be sparrs when I spits I spits tar and my hair is maid of seaweed! I's hard! I IS! I AM! I ARRRRR!!!!!

This is the one I know, said in your best pirate voice of course!

All me bloomin life! Me mother was a mermaid, me father was King Neptune. I was born on the crest of a wave and rocked in the cradle of the deep blue sea. Seaweed and barnacles is me clothes, the hair on me head is hemp, every tooth in me mouth is a marlinespike, every bone in me body a spar, and when I spits, I spits tarrr. I's hard, I am, I is, I arrrrr"

shoe83

With the NWUs, all you would have to do to swap them over is just change your nametapes and rank. Everything else is the same. Though I don't think you will wear them again once you go to NSI (I base this on no experience BTW), and when you get to your NROTC unit you probably won't wear them either. You will probably wear khakis/dress uniforms.

Garnet&Gold

Proud Navy Wife

:smgreen_1

This made my day!

Van

The Shipmate formerly known as AT2.
I just called them and they gave me a bunch of crap and eventually told me I cant get it done there. I have all my records with me now since I am in between commands. My last ship is in the yards in NN and I cant get on to it because of the whole SY badge issue so I guess Ill try Little Creek? Maybe theyll be nicer.

From my experience, Sewells Point is faster and more accomodating than Oceana. I had to schedule my SNA physical a month in advance and was at medical from 0645-1700 on the day of my physical at Oceana. I don't think you will have much of a problem going to Sewells if you let them know about your situation.

So I am on a submarine base, have no experience with aviators really.
Do NFO's and/or Naval Aviators even wear BDU's?
Because they have thier green poopy suit don't they?
Sorry for probably such a dumb question, but I really never see aviators.

I have seen very few Aviators wearing BDU's and all of them were on non-flying orders (disassociated tours).

No, Aviators don't wear green poopy suits, they wear flight suits. Submariners and HT's are the only Sailors I've met that wear "poopy suits". The rest of the Navy wears coveralls (flyer coveralls=flight suits, or the standard blue/green coveralls). ;)

Welcome to the world of Naval Aviation! :D

KilroyUSN

Prior EM1(SS) - LTJG - VP P-8 NFO COTAC
None
So essentially what you are telling me is, my command may be forcing me to buy a uniform that I will not use for probably more than a month.... great... haha

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
I was able to do a walk in with Oceana. Said they do the SNA physicals on Tuesdays if I recall. Since it is a full battery of everything under the sun it did take all day but not an unreasonable amount of time. Call and ask to speak with aviation medicine.