• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

Vectra296

i just want to give a shout-out to my mom and friends who are checking this page just as much as me! doing my part to hit 3000... my husband just got 2 year orders to stay in hawaii. no nrotc schools here, so now i'm not sure where i'd go again. really wish i had those results before he got his orders!

KilroyUSN

Prior EM1(SS) - LTJG - VP P-8 NFO COTAC
None
Uniforms

So on a completely different topic, my command just received the ability and is allowing us to wear the new BDU's. By region we are not required to wear them until april. However, my command has deemed that everyone must be wearing the uniform by January 16th. I don't neccessarily have an issue with this, however, NSI say's to not buy any uniforms because they will be issued to them. Does anyone know if the BDU uniform is one of them issued by NSI?

SWOwhat

FY10 STA-21 SWO Select
So where's a good place to get the physical done in the Norfolk/Virginia Beach area if you're not attached to a command right now/transit status?

gjhouston

Jghouston: do u know how long after PRK eye sergery NAMI waits to retest your eyes for SNA? I am getting it done in December but don't know what to do after that as far as post screenins go. Also how long after the sergery do I have to wait to submit a waiver? Any advice would be great.

Depends on how bad your vision is, its either 3 months or 6 months:

http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/navme...ments/Waiver Guide - Ophthalmology 090617.pdf

PRK:
General guidelines:
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]1. A waiver may be submitted no earlier than: [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]a. 3 months for myopia less than -6.00 diopters spherical equivalent (SE) [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]b. 6 months for myopia greater than or equal to -6.00 diopters SE [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]c. 6 months for hyperopia (SE) measured under cycloplegia [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]2. Visual Acuity - each eye with or without corrective lenses must be: [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]a. Class I - 20/20-0/10 letters [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]b. Class II and III - 20/20-3/10 letters or better [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]c. Corrective lenses must be worn while flying if needed to achieve the VA standard [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]3. A normal postoperative slit lamp exam [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]4. There must be no symptoms that would be cause for concern when considering the performance of the member’s usual flight duties [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]5. If topical medication is still required (other than artificial tears), then restriction of flight activities to the local area would be prudent. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]6. An enhancement or "touch-up" must meet the same guidelines. [/FONT]
[/FONT]Additional guidelines:

Applicants:

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]
  1. May obtain PRK at their expense from civilian sources of care.
  2. Pre-operative refractive error measured under cycloplegia must not exceed - 8.00 to + 3.00 (SE) and 3.00 diopters of cylinder.
  3. Anisometropia should not exceed 3.50 diopters (using SE for each eye).
  4. SNA applicants must meet refractive, cycloplegic, and vision standards postoperatively.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

ELT(SS)

So on a completely different topic, my command just received the ability and is allowing us to wear the new BDU's. By region we are not required to wear them until april. However, my command has deemed that everyone must be wearing the uniform by January 16th. I don't neccessarily have an issue with this, however, NSI say's to not buy any uniforms because they will be issued to them. Does anyone know if the BDU uniform is one of them issued by NSI?
Even if they are issued, I don't think it is a big deal. In 2008 we went to the uniform shop and got fitted for all of our stuff, then they sent it off to tailoring. Then we waited to go back and get the uniforms until we all got the uniform allowance. Once we got the uniform allowance we went and bought everything. Whether you spent $800 more than the allowance or $400 less, it didn't matter. So, I guess longs story short, whatever you go there with you don't have to pay for, so it doesn't matter in the long run.

gjhouston

So where's a good place to get the physical done in the Norfolk/Virginia Beach area if you're not attached to a command right now/transit status?

NAS Oceana Branch Health Clinic

Aviation Medicine/ Physical Exams
Telephone Number (757) 953-3779
Hours of Operation: 0700-1500

Oh I guess you don't really need AVMED so any of these prob could take care of you depending on where you are at:
http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/nmcp/Clinics/Pages/default.aspx

KilroyUSN

Prior EM1(SS) - LTJG - VP P-8 NFO COTAC
None
ok, because on the NSI website it says to not buy any uniform items before you arrived to NSI. Did NSI require you to buy the NWU's?