• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

mikltk

FY10 STA-21 Applicant
oh I didn't think of this till just now, but there may be an issue with the release resulting slightly from the mass confusion and hysteria due to the Nuke's NY Prototype unit requesting IMMEDIATE orders changes for approximately 100 people on hold waiting to go to prototype. I myself found out thursday that I was going to go to NY on tuesday (not the 19th anymore) and Bupers had to burn the midnight oil just to get all of our orders posted by Friday, let alone getting our pay information for our moving orders. They seem to have a ton on their plate all of a sudden.

Cleonard19

Contributor
oh I didn't think of this till just now, but there may be an issue with the release resulting slightly from the mass confusion and hysteria due to the Nuke's NY Prototype unit requesting IMMEDIATE orders changes for approximately 100 people on hold waiting to go to prototype. I myself found out thursday that I was going to go to NY on tuesday (not the 19th anymore) and Bupers had to burn the midnight oil just to get all of our orders posted by Friday, let alone getting our pay information for our moving orders. They seem to have a ton on their plate all of a sudden.

If you see previous posts, you'll learn that the nuke world operates differently, and transfers from NNPTC to NPTU are not disqualifying for STA-21 or USNA. There are so many candidates from the nuke pipeline that they'd have people taking 2.5 years to make it through if they got to go on hold every time they put in an officer package.

Your transfer has exactly zero impact on results.

Helobound

FY10 STA-21 Pilot Selectee
I can't possibly get upset for the next 3-4 days after watching my Hawkeyes come storming back in the fourth quarter.... AGAIN!!! amazing- five picks and still win by 18 points.... GO IOWA!

ELT(SS)

If you see previous posts, you'll learn that the nuke world operates differently, and transfers from NNPTC to NPTU are not disqualifying for STA-21 or USNA. There are so many candidates from the nuke pipeline that they'd have people taking 2.5 years to make it through if they got to go on hold every time they put in an officer package.

Your transfer has exactly zero impact on results.
I think he was saying bupers was busy with the ordmods and other paperwork for 100 people that they weren't expecting.

Cleonard19

Contributor
I think he was saying bupers was busy with the ordmods and other paperwork for 100 people that they weren't expecting.

I can understand that, but I'm sure there's multiple divisions inside BUPERS, and I doubt that NAVADMIN processing/posting is not coming through the same office as Orders processing/posting.

brian_burrows

1st Timer FY10
Well Ladies and Gents, with there being less than 6 hours till the witching hour I'm off to gallavant with goblins and ghouls. Let's hope there is some good news when I'm back. If not, then we can rest assured that the results will be out next week and we can either start on new packages or start celebrating. Either way our idle time will be gone. Happy Halloween

We assured ourselves 'the results will be out next weekl LAST week. I'm not a pessimist, but I've just stopped freaking out about it (yes I'm disappointed in myself too)

SurfRodder

that's what I got outta that too... might have even been enough to make it top priority and pulled other useful bodies off of other projects.

smith1787

Future SNFO
Luckily for me I have the balls to eight watch tonight so i will have nothing better to do than watch the posts go by with the oh so small glimmer of hope that tomorrow might be the day. 2000 posts here we come!