• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY10 STA-21 Applicants gather round!

Cleonard19

Contributor
^^^^

Not to mention all the gapped billets that have been created over the past two months or so due to those of you with transfer orders in hand but ineligible to transfer due to pending results.

It is in NOBODIES best interest for results to take so long to come out, but its just the way it happens sometimes.

And OS2, I don't mean to piss in your wheaties, but calling the office of an admiral pissed off is not a good idea, nor is it appropriate for you to do. You have a chain of command for a reason, and you should use it.

Let's not forget that results are NOT late yet. If they come out at 2359 EST tonight, then they were still technically on time. It sucks for us, yes, but they're still not late. Everyone needs to take a chill pill, watch some football, and get ready to go out and enjoy the debauchery that is Halloween tonight.

Brydown1

FY-07 STA-21 Pilot Selectee
^^^^

Not to mention all the gapped billets that have been created over the past two months or so due to those of you with transfer orders in hand but ineligible to transfer due to pending results.

It is in NOBODIES best interest for results to take so long to come out, but its just the way it happens sometimes.

And OS2, I don't mean to piss in your wheaties, but calling the office of an admiral pissed off is not a good idea, nor is it appropriate for you to do. You have a chain of command for a reason, and you should use it.

Lest us all not forget that results are NOT late yet. If they come out at 2359 EST tonight, then they were still technically on time. It sucks for us, yes, but they're still not late. Everyone needs to take a chill pill, watch some football, and get ready to go out and enjoy the debauchery that is Halloween tonight.

Now that is what I am talking about!!!!!!!!!!!

Steelerfan23

Haha, actually I am, I am changing the brake pads on my car, changing the oil in my wife's car and I just got my driveway cleaned. This is all pretty relaxing to me as it takes my mind off of things. If you say yes, however, I might just be able to look forward to something other than handing out candy to kids tonight lol.

os2

That's right os2, they completely forgot about their responsibilities. Never mind the fact that it's early in the fiscal year, budgets are never what you want them to be, folks in the office are IA'd so there's never enough hands to get stuff done. Is it not fast enough for you? Do you think that there's abosolutely no pressure on them to release the message as fast and accurately as possible? How would you do their job?

Oops, you dropped something:
pooh.jpg

i would delegate the responsibilities to the proper officials and make it happen by following up on the progress. them, just like all of us signed a contract binding them to responsibilities that should be fulfilled for the sake of integrity.

deepseadv

One post closer to 2000. I'm not sure the significance but it sounds cool. And the results should be coming out soon. If anyone is considering Penn State call the NROTC office and ask for ENS Myers. You can always message me on this too.

3rdtimer

i would delegate the responsibilities to the proper officials and make it happen by following up on the progress. them, just like all of us signed a contract binding them to responsibilities that should be fulfilled for the sake of integrity.

Your drinking some coolaid now man....

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Cool It!

ok i had enough if anyone can get any phone number for an admiral or congress let me know and post it if you can im going to call them on monday hell i might call them today im fed with this lack of punctuality and transparency is a sign of leadership (say what you do and do what you say) and the ones who are supposed to the example are slipping so please ladies and gentlemen if you can please lend me a hand i would greatly appreciate it. thank you

OS2: For your sake I hope no one gives you a phone number for an Admiral or Congress. Such a phone call could well torpedo your goal of a commission and/or wings. Patience is one of the many virtues required of a leader. Anything WORTHWHILE is worth waiting for.
Personally, I know what you are going through, I went through a similar period some 53 years ago as an enlisted PO waiting for selection to the NAVCAD program. Fortunately, I was at sea on a Submarine and too busy with my job to be fretting 24/7 over the delay.:sleep_125
Recommend you chill for a while. Making phone calls to "Biggies" questioning leadership sounds real macho & BOLD to your fellow candidates, but could damage your potential career before it gets started.
Understand your frustration...but keep it here, not on the phone lines???:icon_mi_1
BzB ex-ET2(SS) & Yankee Air Pirate

Cleonard19

Contributor
Recommend you chill for a while. Making phone calls to "Biggies" questioning leadership sounds real ignorant & stupid to your fellow candidates, but could damage your potential career before it gets started.
Understand your frustration...but keep it here, not on the phone lines???[/I][/B]

Fixed it for you. :D

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
What a pain in the ass this turned out to be for me. I am now sitting in Kuwait waiting on a flight....if selected I will have to turn around and come right back. Then I will have to unpack all my household goods, find a place to live for a couple months, and did I say this could all have been avoided? :confused:

Oh well, can't complain about the pay :)

Cleonard19

Contributor
What a pain in the ass this turned out to be for me. I am now sitting in Kuwait waiting on a flight....if selected I will have to turn around and come right back. Then I will have to unpack all my household goods, find a place to live for a couple months, and did I say this could all have been avoided? :confused:

Oh well, can't complain about the pay :)

Are you deploying or transferring? I ask because of the comment about the household goods. If you transfered, your detaching command may have inadvertently DQ'ed you...