• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY09 STA-21 Soup to selection and beyond MEGA thread

flyn707

anybody know how long it takes to find out if you have been accepted to a college? Does it matter to them if you have been selected for the STA-21 program.

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
Summer, because if you go to the Feb. NSI you will start school in the summer.

To add to this, you can push your start date back to the Fall need be. Better to apply Summer and need to push back than worry about moving it forward.

I already have my acceptance letter for the Summer 09 and now just need to know if I will be attending BOOST. Can't decide which degree either. I want to do the aero engineering but any engineering degree will be very tough to do in 3 years. Might have to look at something else.

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
anybody know how long it takes to find out if you have been accepted to a college? Does it matter to them if you have been selected for the STA-21 program.

It took me about 2-3 weeks to receive my acceptance letter. If you haven't yet I would STRONGLY suggest applying now. Also my school needed official transcripts sent from all the schools I have attended. A faxed copy would work only for determining if they would accept me to the school. The official is required if they are going to give me transfer credit for those classes.

It didn't matter when I applied that I was doing STA-21, or ROTC. Might want to check with your schools unit and talk to them about any specific requirements or questions you have.

ELT(SS)

It depends on the school. From Oregon State I had an acceptance letter and degree plan in 2 weeks. From San Diego State it was 2 months, from Minnesota it was too late, South Carolina was too late, New Mexico was about a month and Washington was about a month and a half. Whatever school you really want to go to make sure to call them after you have applied and let them know you need a response as soon as possible. On the flip side of that UofCalifornia schools won't change their response time, so you can't get answers from them on time, but even at NSI you can have an ordmod to a new school. Nothing is set in stone at this point except the awesomeness of your next few years. If it seemed like nobody had any idea of what was going on before, just wait, because it gets even more confusing and hard to find answers. It is pretty easy though, just don't procrastinate and you will be good. Orders started coming out after Christmas standdown last year, but I know a couple people that got theirs the Tuesday preceeding the start of NSI.

Stick

pilot

It depends on the college. Some out there will accept you just because you are STA-21 (The Citadel definitely and I think ODU and SUNY Maritime Academy does). I had my acceptance letter from The Citadel the day after giving them my application. It took that long because the lady who prints them out was already at home that day.

Some colleges don't even know what STA-21 is, so it will not speed up the process. If you talk to the colleges ROTC unit you wish to attend they can sometimes speed things up for you.

Stick

pilot
I don't know about BOOST, but if you are only going to NSI you will get it.

Why does everyone think they are going to BOOST?

SkyBoundET2

i don't think i'm going to boost, but i think it best to plan and be prepared for every eventuality. from what i gather though, my odds of going to boost might be slightly greater because a) i've been out of high school for 6 years and b) i had no college credits on my application.

haubby

None
Contributor
If your single and attend BOOST, say goodbye to your BAH and BAS and don't expect to get it back till you report to your ROTC unit.

haubby

None
Contributor
I went to Iowa State...the school is pretty fun...fairly active ROTC unit...GO CYCLONES!!!

After their performance this weekend...not soo much. But if anyone is remotely interested in going to Ames, I can answer most questions should you have any about the unit. The school was pretty solid on accepting nearly all of my credits too.