• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY09 STA-21 Soup to selection and beyond MEGA thread

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
I can't believe it has already been a year since I was in your shoes. Believe me, this next few months will be the longest!! Good Luck to all.

SkywardET

Contrarian
Package is in First Class mail now. Fortunately, waiting isn't hard if you're almost positive that you won't get selected.

Why are you almost positive that you won't get selected?
What Program are you applying to?[/quote]

I might say why after the results are out. At least some of it is the whole, "plan for the worst," thing. I'm applying for Aviator.

0812GM

FY09 STA-21 NFO Select
I might say why after the results are out. At least some of it is the whole, "plan for the worst," thing.

I hear you there; I am not trying to get my hopes up to high as well just so it is not an enormous letdown in October if I don't get selected.

Here is a question for everyone: I just got back my copy of the package and I was looking thru it and on the Interview Verification Form my CO had signed his portion and my endorsement letter on the day it was mailed off and not prior to the date of Nomination Review Board Chairperson's signature so the form reads that my "initial" interview was done on the 26th of June and the “final” interview was done on the 17th of June. Does anyone think that this may have an adverse effect on the package as a whole? I checked the STA-21 website and there were no comments regarding it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

V/R,
GM2

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
SNA Flight Physical

I also have a question. I finished my SNA flight physical a month or two ago trying to have everything ready in the hope that I get picked up. I heard back from NOMI that they can't complete it (the paperwork portion) until I am selected. I do have a copy via email of my physical and they told me that if selected to send that copy to them. From what I hear people always say to "complete your flight physical prior to applying". I have the medical portion done (EKG, blood, eye tests and dilation) and proof of it but NOMI said they won't do anything with it yet. Does this sound right?

EM1toNFO

None
I also have a question. I finished my SNA flight physical a month or two ago trying to have everything ready in the hope that I get picked up. I heard back from NOMI that they can't complete it (the paperwork portion) until I am selected. I do have a copy via email of my physical and they told me that if selected to send that copy to them. From what I hear people always say to "complete your flight physical prior to applying". I have the medical portion done (EKG, blood, eye tests and dilation) and proof of it but NOMI said they won't do anything with it yet. Does this sound right?

yeah that sounds spot on. The catch is to have it completed and waiting to send to NOMI/STA-21 so that scheduling it and knocking it out doesn't eat up some of your valuable time. It's pretty hectic trying to get you school stuff together. I'd go ahead and make sure you have official transcripts from all of your schools. DO NOT OPEN THEM!! That way you just send those to your schools and your done. It's hard to get civilians to move quickly with the admission decision, so get your applications knocked out as soon as you find out.

But, the main reason to get your physical done ahead of time, is so that your not accepted for a program in which your not physically qual'd for. in such a case, you'd be very upset. They do not allow you to change that pre-selection.

Hope this helps.

OC @ JU/UNF

EM1toNFO

None
I hear you there; I am not trying to get my hopes up to high as well just so it is not an enormous letdown in October if I don't get selected.

Here is a question for everyone: I just got back my copy of the package and I was looking thru it and on the Interview Verification Form my CO had signed his portion and my endorsement letter on the day it was mailed off and not prior to the date of Nomination Review Board Chairperson's signature so the form reads that my "initial" interview was done on the 26th of June and the “final” interview was done on the 17th of June. Does anyone think that this may have an adverse effect on the package as a whole? I checked the STA-21 website and there were no comments regarding it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

V/R,
GM2

It shouldn't matter. But, if your really worried about it. I'd give them a call before the board actually convenes. I'm sure it's okay though. As long as your CO has signed off on your package, then your good to go.

OC @ JU/UNF

0812GM

FY09 STA-21 NFO Select

I'm not sure because I had mine done at NAMI which is a branch of NOMI here in Pensacola and the physical exams coordinator told me that I was good to go and just to fax the physical to the STA-21 guys if I get selected. Maybe they went ahead and did mine because I am on the same base as them or something along the lines of that. Once I find her direct line I will be sure to give you the number so you can get some clarification straight from the horses mouth. She is very knowledgeable when it comes to the STA-21 guys.

0812GM

FY09 STA-21 NFO Select
It shouldn't matter. But, if your really worried about it. I'd give them a call before the board actually convenes. I'm sure it's okay though. As long as your CO has signed off on your package, then your good to go.

OC @ JU/UNF

Thats what I was thinking because I was reading on the fleet brief if your command doesn't follow procedure you are not penalized for it. It's not like I could have prevented it from happening since we don't see the package until after it is mailed. Now I need to send them a new SMART transcript because according to the copy I got back from ADMIN there is an entire page missing from when I submitted it :icon_rage

skillz

V/R,
GM2

My roommate got selected last year, just checked his package and it was just like yours. CO signed it after the Nomination Review Board Chariperson did. You should be fine.

0812GM

FY09 STA-21 NFO Select
My roommate got selected last year, just checked his package and it was just like yours. CO signed it after the Nomination Review Board Chariperson did. You should be fine.

Awesome that makes me feel a lot better on that matter.

jbuck387

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!
pilot
I just checked the STA-21 website, under package received where it lists the pages required and the pages received it only says received 1 co's endorcement letter and 1 cover page signed, is this normal, does anyone elses say that?

0812GM

FY09 STA-21 NFO Select
I just checked the STA-21 website, under package received where it lists the pages required and the pages received it only says received 1 co's endorcement letter and 1 cover page signed, is this normal, does anyone elses say that?

Mine had everything that I sent in there; my guess is that they have not finished processing your package yet. If it is still the same around lunchtime tomorrow I would give them a call or an email to see whats going on with it.

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot

Mine too had everything that I sent off. The only space that is blank is the nuclear option photo, the IW applicant proof of clearance, and the applicants data form because I submitted it online. I would suggest checking the website today and if not corrected call before the end of working hours since everybody will have a 3 day weekend. Good luck and keep us posted.

Just curious, is it normal for the applicant data form to be blank? I did submit it online so should it say "1"? What does everybody elses say?