• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 2013 IDC Boards

PapaK

If you didn't make the March Board, are you planning to try again in September? How are you changing your packet to better compete?

If I dont get selected tomorrow, I wont be applying until September. I applied to this current board as well as the last board in September.
I plan on showing improvement by starting my masters and more IT certifications.

So my package did not make it to board. NRD requested more references. I guess my recuiter didnt see this as I wasnt made aware of it. So it looks like I am applying again in September along with you PapaK

PapaK

For something so simple? A careless mistake by the recruiter. Damn, sorry to hear that JasonB. I was sure you were on your way to pro-rec. I think I'm at the point where bypassing my recruiter to get answers has become the norm. I've had two LCDRs, one LT and now a PO who is new at the officer recruiting game.

Yeah... when I called my recuiter this morning he was shocked that I didnt make it to board. He thought I was a shoe in. My OIC also thought the same. Thankfully I can use the same LOR's, interviews, and endorsement for Sept. Hopefully I get picked up this Sept.

Messiah62

I guess I will be applying for my second time for this board. I will be half way done with my masters degree by then. I don't have any management experience and thats not something I can really get by then. I am only 22. Is there a non-DCO program?

Messiah62

I would like to stay as Reservists/Guardsman. I am considering active duty Air Force or Navy, but I will take a huge pay cut moving to an O-1. We'll see, I really want this and It isn't all about the money for me. The Navy Reserves, unfortunately, may not have a commissioning program for someone like me.

Hector Torres

htorrespr
I will be applying for the SEP board, my packet was submitted but not reviewed since I did not get the required endorsement from the IDC region OIC; I was not made aware of this fact until after the deadline. In the meantime, I am working on obtaining more IT certs and possibly starting a Masters in CyberSec. Although dissapointed, I am still very motivated and will do what I can do enhance my packet. Good luck to those applying!

PapaK

My recruiter just called me and it seems, I've been cleared by division officer to go for my physical. After that will be the interviews. Finally moving forward. I'm going to try to get a couple more LORs I already have three from a current army captain, a retired army major and my former boss but I feel like that is not enough so I'm shooting for a couple more.

Hector Torres

htorrespr
My recruiter just called me and it seems, I've been cleared by division officer to go for my physical. After that will be the interviews. Finally moving forward. I'm going to try to get a couple more LORs I already have three from a current army captain, a retired army major and my former boss but I feel like that is not enough so I'm shooting for a couple more.
Hi PapaK,
What program are you applying for? Just curious, why are you doing your physical now?

exNavyOffRec

Your recruiter shouldn't have to get clearance to send you to MEPS, he should just be doing it!!! there are a few NRD's that are control freaks NRD NE comes to mind.