• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 20 IWC DCO Board

As this conversation has continued, I applied to the board as an 1835. I spoke with my officer recruiter, who has been doing this for some time now, who explained that when the results are put out, they are released in 2 ways, first being their system, and second being a pdf. He said the pdf is not out yet, but I am in their system as having been selected for 1835.

To your other points, if you were prior service, even from another branch, your 3 most recent evaluations are listed as being required for your packet. I am prior Marine and prior Army and was still required to submit my 3 most recent evaluations. Maybe this didnt affect your package, all I know is I submitted mine along with the rest of my packet and my OR confirmed that I was selected as an 1835. I hope you get an answer back soon.

1825 whose package did not make it to the board last time without cause. This go-round I have every reason to believe it was submitted.
OR has no results and AD friends verified multiple times they weren’t posted on the SP portal.

I’m getting anxious.

Nwsmit2603

So I’m hearing results are out and I’m hearing they are not out? I’m on active duty with the Army Guard, my conditional release was approved but expired yesterday. I can’t get ahold of my recruiter. Is there any other way to get an answer? Called the main office and the Yeoman could not assist.

1825 whose package did not make it to the board last time without cause. This go-round I have every reason to believe it was submitted.
OR has no results and AD friends verified multiple times they weren’t posted on the SP portal.

I'm in exactly the same situation, 1825, the package was kicked back by the board and not looked at last time. Waiting on the results from this board. I don't think there is anything that can or should be done on the applicant's part other than wait for as long as it's going to take.

So I’m hearing results are out and I’m hearing they are not out? I’m on active duty with the Army Guard, my conditional release was approved but expired yesterday. I can’t get ahold of my recruiter. Is there any other way to get an answer? Called the main office and the Yeoman could not assist.

The results partially came out. So far, it appears only 1835 and 1805 selection results came out and only for some people, not everyone.

I was told last Friday that I was pro rec’d for 1815. It sounds like individual accounts are updated with no official mass results. For those who lurk like me, be sure to create an account to see people’s signatures with useful board info.

Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats per your comfort level?

I am a non-prior, 1835 DCO applicant who is still waiting on results from the September 16 board.

Work on improving yourself for the next board. Post your stats if you dont mind.

30/F non-prior 1835 DCO applicant in DMV area
GPA: B.A. 2.6; M.A. International Affairs 3.75
Experience: 5 years restaurant service industry (corporate trainer); 2 years Peace Corps volunteer; 3 years Fed Gov. analyst (non-intel)
LORs: Ret. O-5 USMC intel; Ret. O-5 USN; current Senior Exec. Service supervisor
Community activity: Returned Peace Corps volunteer; translation services for local social services org.
Board Results: 10/10/10; 9 OIC
Language: Chinese Mandarin (recruiter did not require me to take DLAB)
September 2019 board: non-select

Applying again for March 2020 board. Open to any advice.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Experience: 5 years restaurant service industry (corporate trainer); 2 years Peace Corps volunteer; 3 years Fed Gov. analyst (non-intel)
LORs: Ret. O-5 USMC intel; Ret. O-5 USN; current Senior Exec. Service supervisor

Community activity: Returned Peace Corps volunteer; translation services for local social services org.

Read the DCO Intel program authorization, in particular work experience. Applying for DCO is applying for a civilian position. If the civilian position requires X years of Y experience and you have neither... do you really think you're going to get the job?

The bigger question is how are you going to improve your application? More work experience that doesn't translate over? You're not in a working in a field that translates to being a Reserve Intel Officer.

Read the DCO Intel program authorization, in particular work experience. Applying for DCO is applying for a civilian position. If the civilian position requires X years of Y experience and you have neither... do you really think you're going to get the job?

The bigger question is how are you going to improve your application? More work experience that doesn't translate over? You're not in a working in a field that translates to being a Reserve Intel Officer.

Thanks for your thoughts.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor

No offense, but AYFKM? You are applying out of the most competitive region in the United States. IMHO, you are in no way, shape, or form competitive for 1835/Intel as compared to the current applicant pool and people I have interviewed. I am not saying you could not succeed as an 1835 -- anyone can -- just saying that from a DCO application process that your stats are not on par with others.

My recommendations would be to go for Supply -- maybe --, or to enlist as a CTI, depending on how high your DLAB is for Mandarin. There is CTI stuff going on in the DC area for Reservists.

Last edited: