• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fy 11 sta 21 applicants

Archer117

Hello everyone!
I'm an E-3 applying to STA-21 SNA option for my first time. I've got a few questions about the process. First, the medical examination- I've completed everything except the optometry exam- which I'm scheduled to do on June 11. I'm worried about the deadline. Second, the ASTB- I'm taking it next week. I'm stationed in Japan and I hear that it takes around 6 weeks to get the results back. I'm worried about the deadline. Third, the review boards- I'm 99% sure that every piece of the application has to be assembled before you go to the boards; assuming my ASTB results get in around June 20, will this leave me enough time to get reviewed and my package shipped out before July 1? These are the things that concern me right now- I have every other piece of the application completed, but I'm lacking the big picture of the deadline timeframe. I'm worried that my PERS-O (he's setting me up with the ASTB, setting up my review boards, etc.) isn't on the same page as me regarding all of the details of meeting the deadline- I feel like these little things could turn into big problems. If anybody has recommendations, answers, insight to these questions please pass them along! And good luck to everyone applying to FY-11!

Stazz

It should only take 2 weeks to get your results for ASTB. Just call to get your results and have them email them to you. The guys in Yokosuka were pretty quick, and they even lost my paperwork. It helped that I kept in contact with them. Your package needs to be complete for the board. Don't worry though, they will offer suggestions and you can make changes before finally sending it off. You have until July 1st to get it in the mail. All that is required is that the post office stamps it no later than July 1st as it is sent out. Don't forget about the CORE option, you could still get picked up for SNA that way also. Good luck!

Stazz

A question

So my package is sitting on my XO's desk until he gets back this week. I just received my 5th eval, so every eval I've had is in my package. However I have a 4 month gap not covered between my first and second evals. I came in as E-3 and took the advancement test a week after A school. I was still attached to the school house between A and C schools (CNATTU had both my A and C school). The results were out and I advanced to AT3 while in C school before my first command.

My first command had to give me a special eval because I checked in after 3rd class evals were due and was eligible for the 2nd class test before the next eval cycle. The eval only covered from my check in date. So the time from just after A school until the end of C school (4 months) is not accounted for in my evals. What is the best way to address this issue in my package?

Stazz

So I just looked at my first eval. It's a special eval, do I need it then? The instruction says special evals are not required. It would then mean I would only turn in 4 evals with the first as a 3rd class in my first command. Or should I included it and explain it in my personal statement. It wouldn't flow as nicely, but it would explain an oddity in my package

GERM

who did everyone have sit their command boards for their interal board. were your CO's actually sitting the board.

advantix00

So I just looked at my first eval. It's a special eval, do I need it then? The instruction says special evals are not required. It would then mean I would only turn in 4 evals with the first as a 3rd class in my first command. Or should I included it and explain it in my personal statement. It wouldn't flow as nicely, but it would explain an oddity in my package
The instruction also states that you will want to submit any evals needed for continuation purposes. I would go ahead and put it in there so that it can give the board a continuous timeline.

advantix00

who did everyone have sit their command boards for their interal board. were your CO's actually sitting the board.

some CO's may sit on your board since they have to do a recommendation letter and evaluation form for you anyway. All in all you actually end up completing 8 total interviews. 3 internal + CO and 3 external + Nomination Chairperson (external CO).

Stazz

The instruction also states that you will want to submit any evals needed for continuation purposes. I would go ahead and put it in there so that it can give the board a continuous timeline.

Without my first eval (special), I would have continuous evals from check-in of my first command, but it would be as a 3rd class.

With it, I would have a 4 month gap from A-school thru C-school.

Archer117

Just took the ASTB yesterday!! The Naval information part killed me. Oh well, we'll see how I did. I've got a question regarding the CO's endorsement letter- I can't find a template of it. Does anybody know where I can find one?

hopefull

Need Help

Good Morning everyone,

I am trying to finish up my application for the FY11 Sta-21 program. I am kind of at a stand still. Does anyone have a copy of a prior package. I was trying to find prior sta-21 selectees at my command but we apparently don't have any. I am just stuck on figuring out the format and layout of my pages (ex. what should the font be, how does it layout.. etc.). Thanks in Advance!!

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
some CO's may sit on your board since they have to do a recommendation letter and evaluation form for you anyway. All in all you actually end up completing 8 total interviews. 3 internal + CO and 3 external + Nomination Chairperson (external CO).

This is not correct, you will have 7. The chairman of the NRB is one of the three members, he will submit a different form however. This at least is how mine has been done and I have been an alternate two consecutive years. I can't imagine an 8th having any negative impact however.

PRICE311USN

(NAC/AW)
ASTB Results

Gents,

I'm taking my ASTB on Tuesday, from talking with the PS1 and LT @ the Officer Recruiting Station, results are provided day of testing. Has anyone taken the test at a recruiting station and can vouch for this? I will provide my results when complete. Good luck to all.

Also,

FYSA, the official NAVADMIN is out for the FY-11 Applicants.

V/R
AWF2

Snipesley

Maritime Kbay
Took the ASTB at recruiting station Seattle. I took the computer version, and results were available right away.

kekio86

Gentlemen,
I was reading the latest revision for STA-21 chapter eight and it states that all documents printed in landscape should be presented with the top of the page facing right. I am unsure about this can anyone help me clarify this? (i know i am nuking it)
Thanks,
GSE2