• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Future Blue Angels/thunderchicken aircraft

Skeet

Banned
@Schnugg: Don't forget the Blues don't have a gun.

I'd guess they'll fly the Hornet for several more years.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor

Your not the only one doing it...and I'm not picking on you...:icon_wink

BUT THIS MEANS "AT SCHNUGG"!!!!:D

I think the one you are looking for is &Schnugg...

JJCaesar

pilot
The smoke reservoir (I believe) is in the gun bay (gun removed). There is a smoke generator exhaust, with a diameter about the size of a No.2 pencil, located at about 1 O'clock on the port motor variable exhaust nozzle. With Flare switch activation (and pump powered up), the "smoke" is expelled from said nozzle. The AB burns it up, thus not visible with AB engaged.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Mefesto said:
Isn't the roll limitation something thought up by Doc's that don't seem to think we can handle more than 360 at a time?

No, it's because the FCS throws a fit if you keep rolling. The Blues do it because they know what to look for in the VV to predict WHEN the FCS is going to throw that fit. They never showed you the video in -106 of the Marine doing continuous rolls at low altitude, going OCF, and recovering by something like 500 feet or something ridiculously low? I can't remember, but it has something to do with the INS not being able to keep up or something... been a long time since I had that lecture.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Mefesto said:
Never seen the video, and that the first time I've heard that.

If you have the same videos we do (you should), you should be able to watch it. Ask one of the sim IP types about it. It's wierd.