• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fuck you OPM!

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
In a completely unrelated incident, OPM managed to lose a hard copy of my entire SF-86 last year during a periodic re-investigation. Got the letter a few months later, which was delivered with a receive signature required, while we were out of town on leave. No other info other than 15,000 missed delivery stickies from UPS on my doorstep when we got back. So I drove an hour to go pick up their stupid letter at the UPS office. Wife got her letter based on the big OPM leak last week. So in theory, my identity has been fully compromised by them not once, but twice in the last 12 months. As another aside, while my wife was coordinating our PCS (with me on deployment), OPM started coming by the house asking for me since they needed to do the in person interview. First time, wife was like "he is in the middle east so he can't meet with you". Then they kept showing up early in the AM, once on the actual move day…….investigator was like "I see you are moving, so your husband must actually be home?" I'm sure there was much eye rolling as wifey explained that isn't the way things work in our world.

Northshore

I'm reading this thread while my former and current employers fill out their OPM forms about me and mail them back...joy.....

jmcquate

Contributor
My wife got her's today, almost six months after me. Guess they're just getting around to the spouses. Jackasses.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
My wife and I are proud members of the OPM data breach club... along with everyone else I know.

At the big government level... zero fucks given. Also, from what have heard, this was the espionage equivalent of leaving your front door open and all your valuables in the living room, then leaving on a week long vacation.

jmcquate

Contributor
My wife was perplexed by having gotten a letter, having never worked for the FedGov. I had to remind her of who she was married to. This will affect all of our family members that are on SF-86's or other docs.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Just because it's appropriate...

okpq2g.jpg

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Got mine a few days ago. Thought maybe I had dodged the bullet since it had been so long since I did a SF86. Recently a copilot I was flying with showed me his letter. Never was in the military or worked for the government or had a security clearance. He thought it was bogus. Turns out he was a Federal Flight Deck Officer (deputized armed airline pilot) and he became a member of our club for the background check run on him to become a FFDO. So, volunteer to provided an extra layer of security, spend plenty of your own money in doing so, and your reward it a thank you note from OPM.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My wife was perplexed by having gotten a letter, having never worked for the FedGov. I had to remind her of who she was married to. This will affect all of our family members that are on SF-86's or other docs.
So we should all expect our siblings, parents, and in-laws to get OPM letters?