• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Forum Upgrade to 4.0, major changes

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Threw this together, I kind of want to put a background photo in place of the blue but can't find a good one. The second one has a transparent background.
Thanks, I used the transparent one. Much better than my cludge of an effort. Until I settle on something better, that works great as an interim. For now, I am focusing on getting the rest of the features set, and working on the main home page. Later on, I will work on the style and color scheme of the website. Right now, I don't think there is enough contrast. Nor do "new posts/threads" jump out at me. Need to change that color. But, all in due time.

Happy Holidays!

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
How do we access the articles under the "Blogs" tab? Tried clicking title texts, pictures, "Read More". . .all of them just lead me back to the main "Blogs" page.

Or maybe it's just a Firefox thing?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How do we access the articles under the "Blogs" tab? Tried clicking title texts, pictures, "Read More". . .all of them just lead me back to the main "Blogs" page.

Or maybe it's just a Firefox thing?

I don't think they've been enabled yet.

Brett

Cleonard19

Contributor
I love how when you quote someone now, it just adds the quote to the quick reply box at the bottom of the screen, vice the old way. Makes quoting multiple people so much easier, at least within the same page of the thread.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
As Brett mentioned, the articles aren't enabled, and that feature is the one that I am troubleshooting right now.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
As Brett mentioned, the articles aren't enabled, and that feature is the one that I am troubleshooting right now.

So the ones on the Front Page portion of the Home page are placeholders or ......?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
The ones on the front page are the articles I moved from the other test forum.

If you try clicking on any of the articles in the CMS system, it doesn't give you a full link, only "http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/content.php?r=" with no following information. Somewhere there is a corrupt piece of code that is preventing that from displaying... sigh...

I am going to shut down the forum later this morning, and upload all the files again, and conduct another install and see if that does the trick.

John

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Thanks for the hard work websan. Site looks great, and kinks will ALWAYS need to be worked out. You are doing a huge service for the future applicants and aviators to be. For those who haven't contributed, think about how this site has helped you, and for those who have, think about re-upping. :)

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
This is truly an age-related issue: I had learned to navigate within the old webpage very comfortably. Now, I have to learn new stuff all over again. I hate it, but I'll learn this, too - and I know it will be better, it just feels weird & different right now. This may really be change we can believe in.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
This is truly an age-related issue: I had learned to navigate within the old webpage very comfortably. Now, I have to learn new stuff all over again. I hate it, but I'll learn this, too - and I know it will be better, it just feels weird & different right now. This may really be change we can believe in.

Don't sweat it Fog, as soon as you're comfortable with this version it will be time for the next upgrade. I too am relearning. I seem to be missing posts that have been there for several hours because of the color scheme on the front forum page. My eyes don't catch the blue and grey difference very well.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor

I'm young and I didn't like the changes either. The more I play with it, though, the more I like it.

Especially haw all replies are Quick Replies.