• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Forum Upgrade to 4.0, major changes

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
All,

I am posting this to update everyone of my intentions to upgrade our forum to the latest release of the vBulletin software. The new version, 4.0 was released the other day, and brings many major changes to the view, operation, and how you navigate the forum.

To see the software in action: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/
To see screenshots: http://www.vbulletin.com/index.php?do=screenshots

For the upgrade, many of the add-ons, including the chat function will be disabled and for the short term won't be reinstalled until they update their mods to make it compatible with the main forum software.

I ask that everyone please be patient with the transition, there will be website down times in addition to a few bugs here and there.

Happy Holidays to everyone,

John

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Back up and online..... sorta.... still making changes, but the forum appears to be functioning.

John

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
If there are any graphic pros out there that want to give a shot at the top "Airwarriors" logo, post it here. I give up, I can't get it to blend correctly.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Do you have a screen cap of before the change? I know a few people that might be able to make it look good or maybe even great.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Previous image/logo

Here you go.... it doesn't need to be the same, just something better than the POS that I have at the top now, lol....

Attachments

• vbulletin3_logo_white.gif
    vbulletin3_logo_white.gif
    40.8 KB · Views: 39

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
I'll send it out to one of my buddies and see what he can do for you. Is this what you want again? Or maybe a little differnt?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Eh, for now anything. I will be switching it all later to a different color scheme.

HuggyU2

None
Why the change of the overall fonts, colors, and layouts? I understand the need to upgrade peformance, but why the cosmetic changes?

MattWSU

pilot
Contributor
Threw this together, I kind of want to put a background photo in place of the blue but can't find a good one. The second one has a transparent background.

Attachments

• aw-logo.png
    aw-logo.png
    39.2 KB · Views: 26
  • aw-logoT.png
    aw-logoT.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 26

Yankee Uniform Tango
Here's a few.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 56
  • 7b.jpg
    7b.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 8b.jpg
    8b.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 47

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Why the change of the overall fonts, colors, and layouts? I understand the need to upgrade peformance, but why the cosmetic changes?

It's a completely new version of vBulletin, the forum software that is used.