• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ford Trimotor

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Saw the Ford Trimotor today, didn't take the ride in it ($50 and I didn't have the time either) but it was still sweet to see. I'd reccomend it for anyone interested in the early days of commercial aviation. Here's a pic of it (not taken by me or at the airport I was at)... Thought it was really cool... end of my story

ford-trimotor.jpg

DanMa1156

pilot
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
Such a cool plane, and I would have paid the $50.
Well like I said, I didn't have the time either... and if you think Ensign/LTJG pay is bad... go back to a job between high school and college you had. :eek:

Anyway, I saw it land and taxi right up to me, it was really awesome to see.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Thats the ERA's bird. You should ask them to volunteer when they are in your vicinity. I did, and I got 4 rides in their B-17 "Aluminum Overcast" just for putting the ladder in the door and making sure people didn't touch anything. The pilots are usually saltier than Lot
's wife after looking back at Sodom, and they have some stories... Let me drive their dually and trailer around the Carolinas for a week following the plane. They give rides to guys in uniform usually for free, so that is always an option. Cool post.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
DanMav1156 said:
Well like I said, I didn't have the time either... and if you think Ensign/LTJG pay is bad... go back to a job between high school and college you had. :eek:

Anyway, I saw it land and taxi right up to me, it was really awesome to see.

I've never complained about LTJG pay :)

DanMa1156

pilot
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
I've never complained about LTJG pay :)

Touche.

Either way, a $7.50/hr job lifeguarding mostly to get a free gym membership isn't going to cut it, ha. I put a bunch of money into a CD, and I'm pretty nearly postive I'll earn more in interest on the CD then I will in this job I've had in the month I've been home... [/threadjack]

Either way... if you get a chance to see the aircraft, I'd totally reccomend it, it was really awesome, and the sound was just so pleasing to the ears.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
MasterBates said:
I didn't, until my wife discovered scrapbooking.

SCRAPBOOKING!!!!!!!!!! The most God-awful waste of time/money/energy that women do. And that includes a LOT of stupid things (shopping/hairstyling/gardening).

I feel your pain, brutha!

xmid

pilot
Contributor
You should be drinking that money up right now... Lifes about to suck in a week or so...:D You'll have to let me know who your detailers were, lol.

NavyLonghorn

Harrier Dude said:
SCRAPBOOKING!!!!!!!!!! The most God-awful waste of time/money/energy that women do. And that includes a LOT of stupid things (shopping/hairstyling/gardening).

I feel your pain, brutha!

I actually walked in on one of my roomates (now in Krock), scrapbooking like a champ.

The funny part is, he was completely and utterly unashamed.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
NavyVance said:
I actually walked in on one of my roomates (now in Krock), scrapbooking like a champ.

The funny part is, he was completely and utterly unashamed.

Please, for the love of God, tell me that this guy isn't a Marine. Also, you OWE it to your squadron to provide this info to the JOPA for proper callsign assignment.

My suggestion: Scrappy......or FAG

NavyLonghorn

Hes in Jets, Im in P3's, not my squadron.

Hes also an extremely solid dude/pilot. That kinda callsign just wouldnt stick on a dude like him.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
NavyVance said:
Hes in Jets, Im in P3's, not my squadron.

Hes also an extremely solid dude/pilot. That kinda callsign just wouldnt stick on a dude like him.

Just tell the story to his buds down there and let them work the Top Ten list of new callsigns. Don't let the whole truth get in the way of a good story.

Either that, or blackmail him for free beer.